🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built like a technology company - with the vision, mindset, and growth to match. Hiring has always required a choice: either low-tech search firms or lifeless software tools, but never both. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by combining bespoke software, rigorous data science, and agile teams of veteran search professionals.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from top VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, to create data-backed human connections unmatched in the recruiting space. We are funded by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront, and Lattice.
Candidate Labs is looking for a driven, organized and creative Marketing Manager to help us in the delivery of our overall marketing strategy. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of all lead-generating marketing activities.
In this role, you will lead and execute marketing programs that engage prospects and customers to drive awareness and generate demand. Success in this role will be evident as you help raise the profile of Candidate Labs and drive qualified leads as a new entrant providing a fresh and modern solution in a legacy industry.
In this role you will:
- Assist with outbound and inbound digital marketing channels to drive qualified leads into our database through paid media, paid social (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook), paid search (SEO/SEM), and email. Manage campaigns end-to-end from content development and optimization, copywriting, design, budget management and reporting on performance metrics and KPIs.
- Create and design engaging marketing emails, landing pages and marketing materials to optimize campaign email performance.
- Establish an effective social media plan using best practices and trends and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Work to optimize our inbound marketing analytics engine, honing in on key metrics from Google Analytics and related tools to attract more visitors to our website and improve our website conversion rate and track performance of our campaigns and initiatives.
To thrive in this role you have:
- 3+ years of experience in B2B demand generation or digital marketing
- Experience working at a fast-paced, high-growth B2B startup, ideally selling into other high-growth technology companies
- Thorough understanding of B2B marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing) and market research methods
- Exceptional communication and writing skills and a creative mindset that enables you to translate business speak into compelling, inspired writing
- Solid computer skills, including marketing software (HubSpot) and applications (Google analytics, Google Adwords, etc.)
- An extremely organized and detail oriented work style
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or equivalent
🤩 Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- Recruiting is broken, and we’re fixing it. You’ve almost certainly encountered recruiting problems in your career, whether as a candidate or a hiring manager for your team. Our technology enables all stakeholders to make the recruiting process seamless, targeted, more effective, and more enjoyable.
- Our leadership has experience and expertise building technology, scaling companies, and hiring. We are founded and guided by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs like Andreessen, GV, and Kleiner Perkins.
- Our success is quantified. Over the past 12 months, we’ve grown revenue 4X to more than $10M annualized. We have a customer base of 100+ venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV of $100k+ per client, and 90% of new clients are the result of referrals and inbound.
- Our growth mindset drives every decision and action, enabled by the caliber of our team, tools, resources, and vision.
- Our teams are where the action is. We are remote-first with a headquarters (and office space when you want it) in the San Francisco Bay Area, plus teammates in New York, Austin, Denver, San Diego, and more. We are hiring nationwide, and in US-friendly time zones.
- Maintaining our strong culture is a necessity, not an option. While we collaborate well virtually, we prioritize regular in-person events (safely, of course!). Our calendar includes regional team meet ups once a quarter, topped off by our annual company-wide retreat (last year we went to Tulum, Mexico together!)
- Great benefits, beyond your salary. Not only will you be offered competitive cash compensation and generous equity, but 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and unlimited PTO, are standard for our team members.
😐 Why you might not be excited about us
- Our commitment to innovation means working with uncertainty. We’re revolutionizing recruiting by quickly building and iterating on new ideas. If you need a clearly defined environment and mature processes, we might not be your best fit right now.
- We bring together unique software, data science, and human expertise. Software and data science are our core differentiation, but we’re also scaling up the best team of search professionals in the industry, because we believe the best solution in our human-driven industry must incorporate humanity. This is why we’re not a pure SaaS company, so if that’s what you’re looking for, we may not be a good fit.
- Our daily routines are remote. While we understand the importance of quarterly in-person team meetings, we are a remote-first company. If you want a physical office to go to every day, we’re probably not the right environment for you.
💚 Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds, and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to apply, no matter your race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression.