Financial Planning Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
We are looking a fast-paced CFP® with experience building and managing a high-performance financial planning team. This is a work from anywhere you choose position so you can have the lifestyle you want. We also do not require marketing in this role so you can focus on helping clients an
Capitol Family Office (CFO) is a Fee Only, SEC Registered Investment Advisor located in Portland Oregon. We partner with high-net-worth families and provide them with advice that's in their best interests coupled with an exceptional client experience that saves them time. Our clients are “huggable” people that want to spend their time living their lives and value our guidance.
About the Role
The right person for this role has a player/coach mindset and loves to deliver financial planning guidance to high-net-worth clients and coach a high-performance team to multiply results. You'll be responsible for building and managing the financial planning team, working directly with a group of clients, and growing firm revenue.
What Your Day to Day Will Look Like
- Cultivate qualified prospects and new clients.
- Identify sales opportunities and effectively convert into new revenue.
- Build positive relationships with team members, clients, and prospects.
- Keep up to date on new financial planning information.
- Prepare, analyze, and provide recommendations for clients.
- Support the team's financial planners in client meetings.
- Handle complex client financial planning requests and tasks.
- Manage the implementation of financial planning system upgrades.
- Lead the financial planning team in keeping financial planning tools updated.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings with financial planning team.
- Provide coaching and training for team's financial planners.
- Hold quarterly reviews with financial planners and provide feedback and training.
- Manage key metrics for the financial planning department and provide weekly updates.
- Support operations in recruiting new financial planners as we grow.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the team's financial planners.
- Work with other departments to provide an exceptional client experience.
What You Need to Succeed
- A drive to multiply by repeating a simple system and providing excellent client service.
- CFP Designation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of topics related to financial planning.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Series 65 or equivalent.
- A Clean U-4.
- Tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Redtail CRM, Emoney and Orion a plus.
- Team player, not a soloist.
- 5+ years of direct client-facing experience in a financial planning role.
- Results driven mindset and consistent track record of effectively serving clients.
Why Join Us?
- Work from anywhere in the United States. This is a 100% remote position.
- No Marketing Required so you can focus on doing the work you love.
- Competitive Salary + Generous Incentive Compensation.
- 6 Weeks Paid Vacation.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Retirement Plan + Company Match + Company Contribution.
- Great Team Environment + “Huggable” Clients.
- Professional Development + Tuition Reimbursement.
- Service is #1. We strive to proactively exceed client's expectations in all ways.
- Partnership. We are partners in client's success and create valuable results.
- Growth. We work to grow for clients, as a business, professionally, and personally.
- Batteries Included. We show up energized, ready to go, and positive for each day.
- Take Initiative. We all act as leaders to step up, solve problems, and propose ideas.
- Humble. We practice an abundance and gratitude mindset.
- Teamwork. We respect each other, seek to understand, and communicate.
Our Recruiting Process
- Submit your resume.
- Film a short video response to a set of interview questions.
- Complete assessments to verify job fit.
- Attend Zoom interviews with the current team to determine team fit.
- Successfully pass a background check to verify a clean U-4.
- Accept offer and coordinate onboarding process.