Head of UA and Ad Monetization
RoleAll Other Remote
Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. We work with studios across the globe to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition, Carry1st has built a proprietary payments engine, Pay1st, and ecommerce platform, the Carry1st Shop, which allows customers to pay for digital content leveraging local payment methods.
As Head of UA and Ad Monetization, you will build the foundation for a world class UA and Ad Monetization team that can cost-effectively scale digital products and drive outsized ad monetization. You will leverage deep industry experience to pioneer how to profitably grow franchises in frontier markets. Serving as a leader in the Publishing organization, you will inform the company’s strategic priorities and ensure we deliver with excellence. Importantly, you will have the chance to not only scale our mobile games - but also work closely with our Commerce team to acquire and monetize users across Africa for the Carry1st Shop.
- Effectively lead the UA and Ad Monetization team. Hire, train, and empower teammates – setting clearly defined roles and responsibilities and holding the team accountable for results
- Oversee the UA and ad monetization performance across our portfolio of mobile games and the Carry1st Shop; setting standards so we can continuously deliver with excellence.
- Build a well-performing creative engine to drive better campaign results and cater to our diverse audience of customers and suite of products.
- Drive excellent reporting of UA and ad monetization performance for better visibility within the function and to track performance against objectives.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with network partners
- Work with product team to inform the publishing stack we need to effectively scale
What makes you a great candidate?
- Experience managing multi-million dollar UA campaigns for casual / midcore games
- Understanding of or hands on experience optimizing ad monetization
- Experience recruiting and managing high performing, diverse teams
- Ability to build long term relationships across the business and with external partners
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, undefined environment
- Effective, executive level verbal and written communication skills
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to lead and have ownership in the outcome
- An autonomous, ambitious, and collaborative working environment
- The flexibility to live and work from anywhere in the world
Some additional perks…
- Co-Working Excursions: Our teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other in cities across the globe. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- New Equipment: You’ll get everything you need from Day 1 to make sure you’re set up for success in your role
- Remote Working Allowance: An additional $600 a year that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or using a co-working space
- Learning and Development: Access to a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social Events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Carry1st is a fully distributed, remote first company – in fact, we currently have people in over 19 different countries. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…