Remote Senior Software Engineer, Developer Experience
Anywhere in the World
RoleAll Other Remote
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Developer Experience team, you will help us build the tools and frameworks to support our core workflows in the Chainlink ecosystem. You will work closely with smart contract and node operations teams to ensure they are equipped to efficiently manage Chainlink oracle deployments and smart contracts. You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge, and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future. This includes exposure to a wide variety of blockchains and protocols.
This is a great role for a senior engineer with TypeScript or Golang experience interested in exploring the blockchain and smart contract world and gaining exposure to a wide variety of blockchains and protocols.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Own large components of the toolchain that supports all Chainlink Labs infrastructure and smart contract management
- Converge disparate frameworks built to support different blockchains into one unified experience (a highly unique and ambitious undertaking!)
- Work directly with blockchain integrations, engineering operations, and our security teams to ensure they are able to efficiently and securely execute core workflows
- Prepare and support our blockchain SDK for use by the broader Chainlink community, potentially including open source work
- Actively participate in leveling the team's engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability and security of the product
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- Ability to be creative and resourceful when tackling ambiguous technical challenges
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment, including at least some hands-on TypeScript development
- Excitement for blockchain, web3, and similar decentralized technologies
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
Core: TypeScript, Golang
Sometimes: Solidity, Rust
At Chainlink Labs, we're committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations-from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy-to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.