Software Development Engineer in Test
Who We Are:
CirrusMD is a different kind of telemedicine company. In less than a minute, patients reach a live, licensed physician via our text-based (or web) app, then conduct a care encounter at their pace and convenience. Available 24/7/365, CirrusMD’s integrated care is delivered via multispeciality, board-certified doctors who can treat a broad range of conditions, from acute to chronic, and from primary care to specialty areas, including behavioral health. CirrusMD is available to 10 million users across all 50 states, and exclusively offered through employers and health plans. Learn how CirrusMD is transforming virtual care: cirrusmd.com
Who We’re Looking For:
CirrusMD is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to work with our Platform and Mobile engineering teams. You have experience collaborating with frontend, backend and mobile engineers implementing automation frameworks that both support the technical team and critique the product. You understand the purpose and tradeoffs of different types of automated and manual tests, and can implement a scalable solution to best support the application. You are aligned with the idea that the role of the SDET is not to be a safety net to catch failures, but to accelerate the team by addressing bottlenecks and risks in the system.
We are an engineering driven organization and our tech stack includes modern versions of Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript and other technologies mixed in. A career with CirrusMD is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt the healthcare industry and greatly impact millions of lives by enhancing our platform.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Understand integration points in the application and advance existing or new automation frameworks to mitigate them.
- Understand bottlenecks in the development process and advance internal tooling to mitigate them, using data to measure success.
- Collaborate with engineers and cross functionally throughout the development lifecycle.
- Understand telemetry and customer usage patterns to develop a test strategy accordingly.
- Mentor engineers on test strategy and available tooling.
- Perform root cause analysis of bug reports sourced internally and externally.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
What You Will Bring:
- 4+ years experience in a testing role, with a proven track record of using data to measure success of a quality program.
- 2+ years experience implementing and building automated tests using Cypress or similar tools
- Experience coaching test strategy and tooling to technical and non technical team members.
- Experience using telemetry and customer data to perform root cause analysis.
- Strong proficiency in creating API and UI tests in NodeJS or Ruby
- Experience with modern CI platforms and tooling (GitHub, CircleCI, Bitrise, etc).
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- You understand when to listen and when to be vocal in team discussions and prioritization.
- Expertise in load, contract and/or mobile testing.
- Expertise in NodeJS/React, Ruby on Rails, Python, Go or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in the healthcare industry and/or applications with real-time events.
- Confidence pairing with other engineers and humility in giving/receiving feedback.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
CirrusMD is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team and help us deliver care without barriers. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k with match, flexible vacation and remote work policies, competitive salaries, bonus opportunity, stock options and more. Our budgeted salary range for this opportunity is 100,000-120,000 dependent on experience.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies:
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.