Sr. IAM Software Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / virtual basis (either fully remote in the US or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL). Visa sponsorship IS being offered for this position at this time.
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
This position will be responsible in configuring Single Sign-On for Azure AD and on-boarding several Java, Guidewire and SaaS applications on to Azure AD. This position will be responsible for defining identity management and access control security best practices related to Single Sign-On, conditional access and role-based access control.
JOB DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizen’s core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Design, develop and/or test complex software component changes in one or more engineering stack (UI, Servicing, Integrations, Automation, Testing, etc.) meet acceptance criteria while adhering to development and quality standards.
- Research, analyze, design and solve complex problems with creativity and innovation
- Own and present SDLC and DevSecOps deliverables to maintain software standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with business representatives to estimate and plan prioritized backlog items as a SME
- Contributes to improving software engineering practices, standards, documentation, and knowledge within agile team
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree PLUS 5 years software engineering experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 8 years may be considered in lieu of a college degree
- **Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant field may substitute for 1 year of experience
- Solid understanding of Identity and Access Management using Azure AD
- Experience working with integrating custom applications with Azure AD, on-boarding applications to Azure AD and managing the roles within AD.
- Strong working knowledge of ICAM protocols including LDAP, SAML, WS-Fed, oAuth
- Hands-on experience in implementing enterprise Identity and Access Management solution from ground up with through understanding of challenges and best practices managing digital identities and user access across an enterprise
- Ability to work with various business groups and enterprise architects in responding to the business needs quickly and anticipating the identity related risks
- Through understanding and experience in governing the policies to automate the creation, management and certification of user accounts, roles and access rights for individual users in the organization
- Knowledge of Java software development is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILILTIES:
- Solid knowledge of SDLC
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Software Development and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of Agile mindset, principles, practices
- Data manipulation, comparison, and computation proficiency
- Proven knowledge in one or more programming languages
- Solid knowledge of testing practices (test strategy, plans, test cases)
- Ability to review programming code and identify and correct issues or discrepancies
- Solid knowledge of source code management
- Troubleshoot code to identify and correct defects and root cause
- Good knowledge of DevOps concepts
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and identify solutions, utilizing comprehensive analytical skills and demonstrating an attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of software design, modification, implementation, and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Domain knowledge and ability to manage and understand data parameters and relational data constructs.
- Effective communication / interpersonal skills and teaching skills
- Advanced proficiency at source level management, and version control. Code repository skills, testing and test planning skills.
- Self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of IT Security and confidential data, and Secure software development.
- System thinking and design skills
- Mentoring skills
- Emergency ability to effectively present technical topics to small and medium size technical or non-technical groups
- Ability to pitch and experiment innovative ideas with the help of Proof of values, pilots, etc.
- Critical thinking
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Embracing change
- Agile Product development skills
- Testing skills at all layers i.e., unit, components, data, Application Programming Interface (APIs), User Interface (UI)/ User Experience (UX), Performance, Security
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like Test driven development, Behavior driving development, Acceptance test driving development is preferred
- Persona driven development is preferred
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position at this time