Data Research Analyst
RoleAll Other Remote
Clarity AI brings societal impact to markets, and what that means to us is that we illuminate paths to a more sustainable world.
We do that by building-in a customizable, scalable sustainability tech kit to our clients existing workflows, which empowers them to efficiently and confidently assess, analyze and report on anything valuable to them or their clients and everything required by regulation.
We are a sustainability tech company, founded in 2017. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to ensure sustainability dimensions are a focal point of decision making for professional investors, corporates and consumers..
In regards to financial markets, participants there have used ESG indicators (Environmental, Social and Governance) to evaluate dimensions of risk and impact. However, this kind of assessment is limited: it only considers how companies behave in these three dimensions but doesn’t consider the products and services the companies provide as part of their contribution, positive or negative, to society. Leveraging scientific research and the latest technologies, we provide decision makers with the most transparent, reliable and comprehensive capabilities and tools to assess, analyze and report on social and environmental impact.
We have received several awards that show the value that we are providing to the market:
- World Economic Forum Pioneer
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
- Top startup with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
- Young Global Leader to Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela 2017
Our mission drives us forward. Our values guide us along the way. In order to meet our goals, we require passion from everyone on the team that is driven by our purpose. We require excellence in everything we do with individual expertise as a key dimension to our success. We require everyone to not just talk the talk when it comes to ethics and values, but also to walk the walk and live those values by example.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
- Data-driven: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Independent: Accessible and unbiased, we aren’t satisfied with the traditional way of doing things.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Achievement-oriented: Demanding excellence and celebrating and rewarding the best..
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (e.g., schedule, location, vacation, styles).
Our people are our main asset. Having doubled our headcount in 2021, we are now a team of more than 200 highly passionate individuals coming from 30 different nationalities and composed of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools. Our headquarters are in New York City, and we have additional offices in London, Madrid and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, we have a strong remote-workforce of team members located in 13 different countries. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading company backed by investors and strategic partners such as BlackRock, SoftBank and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals.
Our leadership inspires. Our Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by a superior leadership team coming from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences.
We care about our people and think they deserve the best. We currently offer equity packages and other benefits on top of cash compensation. We aim to continue improving and shaping our offering in all areas of compensation and total rewards to ensure our teams’ efforts are rewarded and we remain competitive.
Challenges for this role
We are looking for a Data Research Analyst that will help us build a reliable and scalable database of sustainability, social and governance information on policies through research on Companies’ CSR and ESG indicators methodology and quality assurance processes.
The role provides an opportunity to understand the reporting standards that exist and how companies sustainability performance is measured.
Working as a Data Research Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring that we have the most accurate data, in order to provide the most reliable sustainability impact measurements. The Data Research Analyst role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Procure, verify and process data on policies by browsing through various financial, exchange and government regulator websites and materials.
- Adhere to quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) processes.
- Review company-level sustainability issues including environmental, social and corporate governance practices and synthesize these findings into broader frameworks.
- Perform ad hoc team projects as needed.
LOCATION AND DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
This position can be based in Madrid or London. Remote opportunities are available as well.
We are looking for someone who can work with us on a specific project for a period of 6 months (full-time).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. (Minimum C1 level-proficient user)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, International Relations, Environmental Studies or similar field of study.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and/or database applications.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, independent and deeply passionate about sustainability and impact.
- Ability to work with complex data sets with consistently high levels of comprehension and to apply defined methodologies appropriately.
- Basic knowledge of Python and/or business intelligence tools a plus
- Ideally experience with data collection and validation
- Prior knowledge of corporate governance, ESG and/or financial markets is an advantage.
*Only Cvs in English will be taken into consideration