Data Scientist (UK / EU)
RoleAll Other Remote
Clarity AI brings societal impact to markets, and what that means to us is that we illuminate paths to a more sustainable world.
We do that by building-in a customizable, scalable sustainability tech kit to our clients existing workflows, which empowers them to efficiently and confidently assess, analyze and report on anything valuable to them or their clients and everything required by regulation.
We are a sustainability tech company, founded in 2017. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to ensure sustainability dimensions are a focal point of decision making for professional investors, corporates and consumers..
In regards to financial markets, participants there have used ESG indicators (Environmental, Social and Governance) to evaluate dimensions of risk and impact. However, this kind of assessment is limited: it only considers how companies behave in these three dimensions but doesn’t consider the products and services the companies provide as part of their contribution, positive or negative, to society. Leveraging scientific research and the latest technologies, we provide decision makers with the most transparent, reliable and comprehensive capabilities and tools to assess, analyze and report on social and environmental impact.
We have received several awards that show the value that we are providing to the market:
- World Economic Forum Pioneer
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
- Top startup with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
- Young Global Leader to Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela 2017
Our mission drives us forward. Our values guide us along the way. In order to meet our goals, we require passion from everyone on the team that is driven by our purpose. We require excellence in everything we do with individual expertise as a key dimension to our success. We require everyone to not just talk the talk when it comes to ethics and values, but also to walk the walk and live those values by example.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
- Data-driven: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Independent: Accessible and unbiased, we aren’t satisfied with the traditional way of doing things.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Achievement-oriented: Demanding excellence and celebrating and rewarding the best..
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (e.g., schedule, location, vacation, styles).
Our people are our main asset. Having doubled our headcount in 2021, we are now a team of more than 200 highly passionate individuals coming from 30 different nationalities and composed of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools. Our headquarters are in New York City, and we have additional offices in London, Madrid and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, we have a strong remote-workforce of team members located in 13 different countries. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading company backed by investors and strategic partners such as BlackRock, SoftBank and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals.
Our leadership inspires. Our Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by a superior leadership team coming from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences.
We care about our people and think they deserve the best. We currently offer equity packages and other benefits on top of cash compensation. We aim to continue improving and shaping our offering in all areas of compensation and total rewards to ensure our teams’ efforts are rewarded and we remain competitive.
What we are looking for?
We like data scientists that work with data in a scientific way and that share our passion for bringing social impact to the markets and making a difference.
At Clarity you will help develop the “gold standard” for social impact that will be used by investors, consumers and governments:
- By estimating the coverage of people’s needs by any company or institution anywhere using a bottom-up approach.
- Translating unstructured, complex data into quantitative, insights-first frameworks of social impact, making intelligent approximations when needed to put your algorithms to work at scale.
- Working side-by-side with a top-talent team from business and academia.
As the ideal candidate for the position:
- You hold a degree BS/MS in a quantitative field (CS, Engineering, Math, Physics, … ).
- You have experience in several of the following:
- Analyzing and getting insights from complex, unstructured and incomplete datasets.
- Using data visualizations to generate insights and communicate results.
- Hands-on knowledge of data science and Big Data tools:
- Python and its data science ecosystem (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy).
- SQL and noSQL databases
- and techniques:
- Data processing and cleaning.
- Regression, classification, clustering and other standard algorithms.
- NLP and deep learning.
- Start-up way of working:
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed.
- Getting-the-job-done mentality.
- Learn by doing, all the time.
- You are fluent in English (C1).
- EU/Spanish Work permit
Responsibilities of the role include
- You’ll immerse yourself and deep dive into our ever-growing set of external and internal data flows, and produce insightful analyses that enable data-driven discovery and innovation throughout Clarity.ai and the emergent field of impact investment as a whole.
- You’ll research, design, validate, and deploy machine learned models that use structured and unstructured data and leverage advanced techniques for classification, regression, topic modeling, and NLP to produce new metrics that will be included in the Clarity platform.
- After experimenting and building with different data sources, modeling tools, and advanced techniques, you will share your findings with the team. Besides, you may eventually present your work at international conferences and top tier journals.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved