Senior Product Designer
At CodeSandbox, we are developing a collaborative online platform that facilitates the creation of web applications. We currently have over 4 million monthly users and are seeking individuals who can help us develop the next version of our platform. We value motivated individuals who can identify and solve problems, and place great importance on design. For us, design encompasses both form and function. As a developer tool, CodeSandbox prioritizes speed, accessibility, and attention to detail. We aim to keep our platform highly functional, minimalistic, and delightful. We expect our designers to have a broad range of skills and be capable of producing high-quality designs, interactions, and prototypes.
We're seeking someone who is able to make key strategic decisions with us, craft and map elegant user flows, prototype smooth interactions, launch new product features, and work together with cross-functional teams.
As a product designer, you have experience in UX/UI design and strong problem-solving skills. You will develop and experiment with new ways of interacting with code and propose features and improvements that can be shipped quickly and with high quality. You will assist in defining the product requirements and success criteria for the features you work on and work closely with engineers to improve, create, and launch features.
About the role
- Location: Anywhere -4 to +3 UTC (currently Daylight Savings, otherwise -5 to +2 UTC). That's anywhere between US and EU Eastern Time.
- Full-time: At CodeSandbox this means 40 flexible hours Mon through Fri.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will...
- Lead the design efforts for CodeSandbox.
- Develop and experiment with new ways of interacting with code.
- Think about how to make programming more accessible and collaborative for developers and anyone on the product team.
- Propose features and improvements that can be shipped quickly and with high quality.
- Assist in defining the product requirements and success criteria for the features you work on.
- Work closely with engineers to improve, create, and launch features.
You'll thrive as a Senior Product Designer if you:
- Have several years of experience in a professional software product-driven environment.
- Have exceptional communication and storytelling skills.
- Are proficient in UX/UI design, with fluency in both lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping.
- Have strong problem-solving skills, preferably with a systematic, long-term approach.
- Have a curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Have experience with developer experience tools.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At CodeSandbox we work from the idea that software development should be more accessible and collaborative. It should be possible for anyone to create an application if they have a great idea, and there should be no hassle in sharing this with others. We follow this mentality not only in how we build our product but also in how we work with each other.
Whenever we start a new project, we include everyone on the team to help out. We expect everyone to be open to helping each other and generally encourage everyone to work together.
At CodeSandbox, we'll give you:
- A friendly, remote-first working environment.
- Competitive salary & equity.
- Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited paid time off, affordance-based. We expect you to take a minimum of 25 days.
- Work equipment of your choice.
- Educational & Personal Development Budget.
- Annual health and wellness stipend.
- Freedom to create and run your own project.
- Parental leave for the moms and dads among us.
If you share our enthusiasm for making development more accessible and collaborative, we'd love to review your application!