Senior Software Engineer, On-Robot Systems
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Do you lay awake at night worried about race conditions between event streams? Are you deeply motivated by ways to make complex software interactions logically simple and robust? Have you been known to decompile a binary to understand why it is interacting the way it does? Are you occasionally tempted to drop to assembly? As the Senior Software Engineer for On-Robot Systems, you will be responsible for deciding our approach to the full software stack on our robot. You'll define the subsystems, concurrency architecture, controls integration loops, sensor integration approach and perception/planning integration points. You'll also define our integration points to run in-the-loop with digital-twin simulation.
Collaborative Robotics is a team of innovators and builders redefining the future of human-robot interaction. We are working to realize a world where robots are a trusted extension of your surroundings. They work, adapt, and react around you. Not the other way around.
We're hiring virtually, in addition to our San Francisco Bay Area, California office onsite.
- Define our approach to on-robot software
- Develop the framework for subsystem integration, concurrency architecture, controls integration loops, sensor integration and perception/planning integration
- Define the interface between on-robot software stack and our digital-twin simulation and HIL-simulation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or significant relevant professional experience
- Expertise in operating systems, device driver integration, real-time systems, concurrency management
- Experience implementing production-grade, high-reliability software
- Experience with C, C++, and Python
- Highly motivated teammate with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic start-up environment as part of a small team
- Previous experience having developed on-robot software systems
- Assembly-level debugging experience
- Experience with NVIDIA Jetson or related task-specific hardware stacks
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.