Software Engineer, Systems Infrastructure
🇺🇸 USA Only
Do you enjoy the challenge of transforming massive streams of sensor data into usable insights? Are you a persistent simplifier who loves working on distributed systems problems? Do you have a vision for end-to-end data management that keeps the important data easily accessible, but keeps the cost low on the rest of the data? We are seeking an engineer to lead our end-to-end data infrastructure. This role will operate across the stack, including on-robot and in the cloud. You will define our approach to cloud storage and data access to enable our ML teams, our production debugging teams, and ultimately our field operations.
Collaborative Robotics is a team of innovators and builders redefining the future of human-robot interaction. We are working to realize a world where robots are a trusted extension of your surroundings. They work, adapt, and react around you. Not the other way around.
We're hiring virtually, in addition to our San Francisco Bay Area, California office onsite.
- Define our end-to-end data infrastructure
- Develop a cross-system, cross-stack approach from on-robot to the cloud
- Implement our approach to cloud storage and data access to enable our ML teams, our production debugging teams, and ultimately our field operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field, or significant relevant professional experience
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, solving large, open-ended problems
- Ability to think strategically and architecturally, while balancing short and long-term needs
- Proficiency in Python or C++ and willingness to pick up new languages or technologies as needed
- Experience with deploying and managing cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience with autonomous multi-agent robotic systems
- Highly motivated teammate with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic start-up environment as part of a small team
- Willingness to occasionally travel
- Passion for working in cross-functional environments that include nontechnical stakeholders
- Experience with operations tooling, developer productivity, or developer tools
- 5+ years experience working on multi-agent systems
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience selecting data storage frameworks and technologies
- Experience measuring and managing cloud infrastructure costs
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.