Engineering Team Lead - Software Development
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleFull Stack Programming
Consensus is a top place to work due to the incredible culture our employees have created. We strive to provide an opportunity to work with a great team with a compelling product with the objective that adding value in your work life fuels the rest of your life. We know that a winning company is built on the efforts of its people, and that’s an environment we foster at Consensus. We encourage every employee to bring their authentic self to work and take ownership of their position and their career. We strive to give our employees everything they need to make meaningful contributions to the overall success of our company. We’re looking for go-getters that are excited to thrive in a company going through an exciting growth phase!
We are a fast-growing SaaS company based in the United States. We are changing the way the world buys enterprise software. We do this by providing intelligent demo automation software that helps you scale Presales. How does this work?
We believe buying enterprise software should be simple, pleasant, and fast instead of complex, painful, and slow (which is how it is today). Buyers now want instant access to Presales (sales engineering) resources throughout the buying experience but they find it harder and harder to get what they need. Using Consensus, a sales engineering team builds a library of reusable interactive video demos that Sales sends out on-demand. Consensus automatically personalizes the experience and tracks engagement as the prospect shares the demo with other stakeholders in the buying group, bringing the entire buying group to live demos better educated and ready to talk specifics.
This not only reduces unqualified demos to near zero and can double the presales team’s productivity, it also removes the "demo lag time" for prospects and shortens the sales cycle by as much as 68%.
About the Role:
If you are a top-notch software engineer that wants to help lead a team of passionate, driven people, then this position might be a good fit for you. This position will be responsible for helping Consensus meet aggressive scale and platform growth challenges. You will use some of the best technologies available and will have an opportunity to shape the architectural future of a fast-growing, industry-leading company.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a strategy that the team members can use to better reach a project’s goal.
- Determine the completion timeline and monitor progress to keep the project on track and on schedule.
- Communicate clear instructions to team members.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the team’s projects.
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations.
- Help keeping the team on track by eliminating blockers
- Provide coaching and mentoring.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of related experience with exposure to a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- An expert level understanding of PHP and/or React. Experience with other programming languages is also strongly preferred (including Java or Go).
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container-based technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS is a bonus.
- A firm grasp of solid architectural principles for back-end and/or UI applications.
- Well versed in abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism, inheritance, closures and other commonly applied principles.
- Good communication skills, strong work ethic, and commitment to holding yourself and your team accountable.
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to detect and make performance improvements.
- A pragmatic approach to feature development, architectural improvement, and system evolution.
- A good understanding of Git and pull request workflows including continuous integration.
- A solid understanding and practical experience applying the agile methodology to projects.
- Quality-minded, with the ability to elevate others in areas like effective boundary condition testing and test-driven development.
At Consensus, You’ll Get:
- Generous employer contribution towards health insurance with multiple plans to choose from (dental and vision coverage is available as well)
- HSA/FSA programs available to maximize your tax savings
- Guaranteed Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Paid parental leave to prioritize your family
- Unlimited PTO Flexible/Remote work environment
- Company provided best-in-class WFH setup
- Professional Development program
- 2 days off each year to volunteer at a Charity of your choice
- Birthdays off
- Every other Friday off