Associate Director of Sales
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
CovalentCreative is an independently owned digital marketing agency that provides content, creative, and technology services for forward-thinking eyecare organizations. Eyes On Eyecare® is our digital publication and doctor-facing brand, and a leading resource for the next generation of optometrists and ophthalmologists. We work with some of the largest global organizations in healthcare and we're growing — fast.
The Associate Director of Sales will be responsible for creating and growing relationships with Clients (globally) while working directly with our Client Services team in order to ensure the Client's goals are met. This is a sales role at its core and performance will be analyzed based on the addition of new Clients and the growth of existing accounts.
Who are we looking for?
You're an accomplished Associate Director of Sales with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills — and you love helping clients meet new goals. You will work closely with our CEO as it pertains to sales strategy and to our Director of Client Services as it pertains to deliverables for projects. If you are passionate about expanding clientele and cultivating existing client relationships, then read on!
What will you be doing?
Drive New Revenue
- Expand the Agency's current book of business in optometry and ophthalmology by signing new Clients across a wide variety of available services.
- Expand the scope of services by regularly meeting with the Client to offer new solutions and by collaborating with the Account Director that owns the Clients projects.
- Attend trade shows and local conferences and meet with Clients on a regular basis.
- Lead the RFP process for all Clients and support the iterative development of our current system.
- Modify and improve existing Client pitch decks and capabilities decks in order to exceed industry standards.
- Engage with the Account Directors on a regular basis to get a pulse on where Clients are at and the opportune time to re-engage accounts.
- Work closely with the Client Services team to discover friction points, problems, and needs in order to develop new agency offerings.
- Work with the CEO/COO to proactively evaluate a variety of strategic sales offerings and prioritize their development based on market need.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure products and services are appropriately marketed through sales collateral and media kits.
- Prepare and present executive presentations that detail the landscape of opportunities across Clients and division.
What are the required qualifications?
- Has worked in eyecare for a minimum of 5 years
- Has existing relationships with small and large eyecare organizations
- A broad understanding of clinical disease states and practice management in the eyecare space
- Has extremely strong relationship and rapport building skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of budget considerations within decision making
Top candidates will also have…
- ClickUp and HubSpot experience
- Demonstrated experience retaining and/or expanding client accounts
A note on qualifications:
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. CovalentCreative values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having experience with these exact job duties makes for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering this role. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table.
Where are we?
CovalentCreative is a distributed organization whose team members primarily work remotely. We have an office adjacent to Balboa Park in Hillcrest, San Diego that you can work from if you choose. Our office space is also home to an incredible in-office studio where we Livestream, film education, host interviews, and do product photography!
What is it like to work for CovalentCreative?
We've built an organization where everyone is passionate about where they work and what they do, and we think the greatest benefit of working at CovalentCreative is the freedom to define your role and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
Of course, we also offer:
- Comprehensive health insurance (90% silver plan coverage)
- Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Annual Profit Share
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
And some other cool perks…
- Remote-First: All employees have the choice of working 100% remotely, in our Balboa Park-adjacent office, or a combination.
- Volunteer Time Off
- Flex days
- Monthly team events
- MacBook (Apple equipment)