RoleAll Other Remote
What We're Looking For:
Cover Whale is searching for a Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing Data team. This position will provide an excellent opportunity to impact multiple business areas. At Cover Whale, we rely on data to drive our systems and solutions. We are seeking an experienced data engineer to continue to help us revolutionize the InsureTech space.
What You'll Do:
- Primary focus will be on building out our ETL processes.
- Communicate highly complex data structures to organizational leaders.
- Provide technical expertise, thought leadership, and architectural guidance to our Data and Engineering teams.
- Collaborate with Product Management, internal stakeholders, and external vendors to continually improve deployment and operations.
- Foster a continuous learning environment through continuously improving processes, procedures, and approaches.
- Work with cross-functional Data teams to develop, manage, and implement products and technology roadmaps in alignment with long-term strategies.
- Create proof-of-concept and pilot technology demonstrations to stakeholders surrounding microservice architecture and service meshes.
- Three or more years of experience with Python and SQL
- Located in the US
- Linux expertise
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem, specifically API Gateway, Kinesis, Athena, RDS, and Aurora
- Experience building ETL pipelines for analytics and internal operations
- Experience building internal APIs and integrating with external APIs
- Effective communication skills, especially for explaining technical concepts to nontechnical business leaders.
- Desire to work on a dynamic, research-oriented team.
- Experience with distributed application concepts and DevOps tooling
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Troubleshooting and debugging ability
Nice to have:
- 2 or more years of experience with Hadoop, Spark and Airflow
- Experience with DAGs.
- Competitive Pay
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Matching 401k Plan
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Generous Parental Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved