Remote Junior DevOps Jedi
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6)
For this role, we are looking for someone to be based in the Central / South Americas region to work between the UTC-5 and UTC-6 time zones.
Fantastic opportunity for a Junior DevOps Jedi to work remotely (Central / South Americas), helping shape platform architecture at Creative Force, for our flagship products: Award Force and Good Grants. We’re serving thousands of clients globally, millions of users, and growing.
We’re 48 people— an international team of 16 nationalities, speaking 15 languages, living in 30 cities across 18 countries. A micro-global business, if you like. We’re a fully remote, distributed, work-from-home team— and believe remote work is the future for tech companies. The roles at Creative Force are fast-paced, challenging, always changing, and lots of fun! If you’re interested in helping us continue to build a great technology company, this may just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
We’re looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer with a background in Docker and Kubernetes and experience with Amazon Web Services. Together with others in the engineering team, we manage and enhance a well-established cloud infrastructure, widely automated, with a focus on best practices. Our tooling is based on: AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes (EKS), GitHub Actions, Slack, Prometheus, Grafana, and DataDog. Our entire stack is completely scalable, and fully autonomous, and needs additional personnel to continuously create more advanced features, as well as provide additional support for our engineering and client success teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We want the best person for the job. Is that person you?
- Have 2+ years of experience designing, building, and maintaining AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Have production experience on Docker and Kubernetes, as well as AWS services like EC2, EKS, S3, CloudFront, RDS
- Experience with debugging issues, identifying faults, and enhancing software logging. As well as creating self-healing, autonomous infrastructure with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Are experienced in designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and automation tools for any workflow.
- Experience with cloud security, network systems management, and business continuity is preferred.
- Experienced in writing code in scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- Works collaboratively across the entire organization, balancing the needs of various departments with business pragmatism, managing stakeholder expectations, and tracking the various work streams into and out of your team.
- You’re transparent, articulate, and driven to succeed.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.