BackEnd Engineer | Compliance Team
You will be designing and building services with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
If you are excited about high-availability requirements, scalability problems, automated workflows, infrastructure orchestration, queueing systems, APIs and protocols like GraphQL and gRPC, our client is keen to hear from you.
- Building the most powerful, easy to use payment platform in the world.
- Delivering new features and enhancements to our platform.
- Working closely with the Frontend and Mobile Engineering teams to integrate frontend UI.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers and other project stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Helping the team keep up-to-date with the tech stack ecosystem.
- Writing high quality code with performance and scalability in mind.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years working as a Backend Engineer.
- Fluent written and speaking English skills.
- Strong understanding of relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Strong understanding of web semantics.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
Good to have :
- Experience in developing APIs for other products you’ve worked on.
- Developing software interacting with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ, Pulsar or RabbitMQ).
- Experience in integrating APIs from other services providers.
- Proven record of having worked with performance budgets.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture