RoleSales and Marketing
Cypher teaches children aged 6-12 how to code, through creatively themed lessons delivered by awesome teachers. Our mission is to get kids future-ready by giving them a tech education that develops their computational thinking, collaboration, communication and creativity.
The Marketing Manager is pivotal to Cypher’s success, and will be reporting directly to the Managing Director. This role will be focussed on our in-person business; holiday camps and after school clubs in London, though we expect this to grow to other cities later this year.
We want someone who will lead our new marketing channels, optimise existing ones, put together short- and long-term marketing plans and then execute against it at all levels. You need to be able to think strategically. This is a role where no two days will be the same, one day you could be generating ideas with the wider team, and the next day you could be talking to our students/parents in a school assembly.
The ideal candidate will have experience running campaigns for products/services meeting the needs of children in the 6-12 age range, will have worked in the education sector and/or has experience in startups. But regardless of experience you will need to show that you can get stuck in and make things happen. Long term we would like this person to build a nationwide team encompassing Marketing, Brand and Sales.
Please note that this role will require occasional travel to London.
- Developing marketing plans specifically for our in-person products; camps and clubs
- Executing against these marketing plans
- Understanding our market and customers (both students and parents) to craft powerful, differentiated campaigns and messaging
- Increasing the number of kids coming to Cypher
- Designing, coordinating and testing campaigns across all of our marketing channels in the UK including:
- School Partnership activity
- Ambassador programmes
- Local listings and groups
- Email marketing
- Organic content creation
- Growing our social media presence
- Paid marketing - managing our paid social and advertising campaigns
- Having a data-driven approach to everything you do; implement tracking metrics for customer engagement and for key engagement channels
- Researching new audiences and the best ways to reach them
- Optimising the use of the marketing budget and reporting on marketing effectiveness
- Work with the team to improve the customer experience in all areas of their journey with us
- You’re passionate about what we do - getting children future ready
- You’re interested in or have experience working an early-stage tech-enabled start-up
- You have experience in education and/or creating campaigns for products for children aged 6-12
- You have excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- You enjoy working towards targets
- You have experience using various social media channels and creating content for those channels
- You have sales experience and are looking to widen your skillset
- You’re excited about being able to define how marketing and sales works from the ground up
- You’re comfortable using data to support your decision making
- You’re proactive: able to identify issues/opportunities and tackle them without being told what to do
- You’re just as happy getting stuck in as you are taking a step back and thinking long-term
Please know that even if you don’t have experience across all the aspects mentioned, but think you could do a great job and are excited about what we’re doing here at Cypher, we’d love to hear from you.
Why Work for Cypher?_
- £35-£45k salary
- Potential bonus structure in place for up to 100% of base salary
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Christmas office closure (exclusive of holiday allowance)
- Flexible remote working
- Heralded as the best coding school in London
- Be part a growing Edtech business that’s shaping the future
- Our CEO was listed in the top 30 female founders by the Financial Times