🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
We’re an award-winning, fast-growth, enterprise software company, recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards for three consecutive years since 2019. We’re 70+ dedicated, hard-working people, committed to improving ours and our customers' working lives through better workforce planning and management.
Dayshape is an advanced resource management solution, incorporating AI and intelligent automation to help professional services firms optimize their workforce like never before. It’s built to handle large, complex, and ever-changing requirements with ease.
Our primary market is accountancy and our customers include several firms in the global top 10 and beyond; Dayshape is used in more than 15 countries across four continents. This year we’re making strides into other areas of Professional Services, focusing on IT service providers and consultancies and management consultants.
Target customers are global firms, international networks, and large nationwide or regional organizations, if they’re big enough to have the challenges that Dayshape can solve.
As a company, we live our values every day and we're committed to making sure our friendly and inclusive environment grows with us.
Why we’re hiring
We are establishing Dayshape in the US this year, having already hired four people and expecting to double that by the end of the year. This is a commercial team, comprising senior enterprise sales reps, business development, and marketing. As a result of the successful pipeline growth in H1, this team now needs a capable and experienced sales engineer to support them in winning new business.
To date, our implementation consultants based in the UK have been able to help the US team, but as things continue to grow that is becoming slightly untenable, and that’s where you come in!
What you’ll do
As our first Sales Engineer, you will be the key technical advisor and product advocate of Dayshape, and will need to:
- Engage business and technical stakeholders through expert industry and product knowledge.
- Articulate the business and technical benefits in an engaging storytelling style.
- Prepare and configure Dayshape demo instances per the prospect's requirements.
- Run and deliver deep dive demos of Dayshape, which will include general and more advanced features of the product (usually 3-5 demos per sales cycle, between 1-2hrs each).
- Complete functional and non-functional requirements in RFx documents.
- Respond to detailed questionnaires related to technical, security, and ISO 27001.
- Lead technical conversations/meetings with prospects to understand integration requirements and possibilities.
- Produce process flows and swim lane diagrams to help prospects understand how Dayshape enables their "to-be" business processes.
- Create and/or contribute towards systems diagrams to help Sales convey to technical and non-technical stakeholders how Dayshape fits into their existing tech stack.
- Own and/or input to technical documentation, which may include contributing towards sales enablement content.
- Prepare and manage the technical, config, and product side of any required proof of concept.
- Interlock with the Product team to ensure customer trends seen in pre-sales are understood.
- Troubleshoot demo instance issues to keep things running smoothly and free up Sales reps' time.
- Own updates, data maintenance, and configuration of demo systems.
- Travel to prospect’s sites and attend trade shows when required (expected to be US only).
- Contribute to the company’s success by playing a key part in the support of Sales to win new business and generate new subscription revenue (six- and seven-figure ARR with multi-year contracts).
- Minimum of four years experience in the same or similar pre-sales role.
- Demonstrable experience implementing, installing, and configuring complex enterprise software.
- Owned the completion of many and very large RFx documents without supervision.
- Accomplished presenter of technical and business solutions in a persuasive manner.
- Delivered presentations and demos to small and very large audiences, in-person and remotely.
- Credible stakeholder management and engagement, from resource manager to C-suite, including everything in between and especially technical (CIO, CTO) and compliance roles.
- Experienced working in a large and small company (or been part of a small team inside a medium-sized organization).
- Familiarity with professional services firms (especially accounting) would be highly advantageous but not essential (though being a quick learner is essential).
- First class written and verbal communicator.
- At least $1,000 per year to spend on professional development.
- 20 days PTO plus public holidays on top.
- Share options.
- Income protection and death in service cover.
- Monthly team events (sometimes in-person, sometimes virtual).
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counseling service.
- At least two trips per year to our Edinburgh HQ, in Scotland.
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to influence how we get things done, and how we demonstrate to target customers Dayshape’s superior offering and technical credibility. We're doing well, and there's lots more to achieve in order to maintain the high bar and pace we've set.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
This is a full-time, remote role working 37.5 hours per week, typically 9am - 5.30pm.