RoleAll Other Remote
Our mission is to solve accounting operations for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs). Currently, 60% of the 6 million SMBs in the United States say they are unhappy with their accounting operations: it's a mess of disconnected processes, technology, and people. To solve this need, we take over our clients’ accounting operations by pairing our people with our technology platform that unifies financial data, workflow, and communications. The Decimal platform helps automate large chunks of repetitive manual processes and manages the completion of work that can’t be automated.
We are well-funded (in 2022 we closed a $9.2mm seed round and closed our first acquisition), capital-efficient, and building for the long term. This is a great opportunity for you to join a fast-growing tech company that is fundamentally changing an outdated, slow-moving industry. Decimal is headquartered in the cloud which means we invest in full-time remote work from your home office. We have communities of remote employees across the US - join our team and see why we are so excited to work here!
About your role:
Decimal is looking for an Analytics Engineer as our first dedicated data hire at Decimal. You will have a meaningful influence on our data stack, processes, the makeup of our team, and culture. This role sits between data engineering and analysis with the goal of delivering well-defined, transformed, tested, and documented data sets.
The position is remote - we welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States.
What you’ll do :
- Design and develop data pipelines & models
- Analyze data and report insights to stakeholders
- Own the deployment of BI tooling and reporting to the wider organization
- Build automated testing frameworks that are repeatable, well-documented, and simplify everyday workflows
- Provide ongoing support, data monitoring, and data maintenance for Decimal
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a data-focused role
- Experience with:
- ETL/ELT design, setup, and maintenance
- Building reporting and developing insights for stakeholders
- Experience with a modern data stack (we use dbt, big query, Postgres, Fivetran/hevo, and holistic for BI)
- Comfort in a high-growth, early-stage startup environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Decimal, we know the hiring process can be overwhelming and confusing, but we don't want you to feel that way! We want to be transparent with you so that you don't have to guess and you can focus on being your best self! As part of the interview process, we will dive into your career and past projects and get to know you a bit more. The interview process for the Analytics Engineer role consists of 5 rounds:
- 30-minute interview with one of our Recruiters
- A 45-minute interview with the Hiring Manager (Product Lead)
- A 45-minute interview with our Director of Engineering
- A 30-minute Peer interview
- A 45-minute Executive Interview with the Hiring Manager and our Co-Founder
Your recruiter will be your main point of contact and will keep you informed at every step of the process. If we decide to move to the final round of the process, we will also ask for references at that time. If you have any questions during the process, don't be shy about leaning on your recruiter for help!
👍 Do the right thing
🙌 Default to transparency
🤗 Move fast, make things better
🤝 Win together
💪 Competitive salary
💰 401K retirement savings plan
🚑 Health, dental and vision insurance
👩💻 All equipment is provided by Decimal
🚀 Flexibility to travel and work anywhere that suits you best
🏝 Time for life - unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
🏆 Recognition for the work you do and the success of our team
Decimal is full of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings a unique perspective to everything they do. We hope you’re feeling excited about the role and our team! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Decimal’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want people to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay and do their best work here.
Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.