Corporate Communications & Brand Storytelling Lead
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
digitalundivided is looking for an experienced and talented Corporate Communications & Brand Storytelling Lead to join our remote-first team. This is a full-time position and reports to the Head of Communications & Brand Marketing.
Founded in 2012, digitalundivided is the leading non-profit leveraging our data, programs, and advocacy to catalyze economic growth for Latina and Black women entrepreneurs and innovators. Our goal is to create a greater world in which all women of color own their work and worth. Our mission moves the entrepreneurial ecosystem forward, to increase funding, access and opportunities for women of color in business and innovation. Our work and advocacy laid the groundwork to empower generations to speak in profound ways about the realities, experiences, and disparities of entrepreneurship, while defining actions for change.
As an organization solving deeply rooted systemic issues, we take a multipronged approach. Our research outcomes sparked a global conversation to eliminate barriers in entrepreneurship. digitalundivided was the first to debut authoritative research on the state of Latina and Black women founders with the ProjectDiane Report. The legacy of ProjectDiane inspires our expanded research efforts, conducted by women of color and focused on women of color in entrepreneurship and the businesses they lead.
digitalundivided’s programs -- START, BIG Pre-Accelerator, BREAKTHROUGH, Do You Fellowship and the New C-Suite -- mobilize community, best-in-class resources, advisory, and investment to support women of color founders at all stages of their entrepreneurial and funding journeys. digitalundivided’s work is based in the United States, but our impact advancing inclusive innovation resonates globally. For more information, visit: www.digitalundivided.com and follow us on Twitter (@digundiv) and on Instagram and Facebook (@digitalundivided).
We are an innovative, collaborative, and diverse team dedicated to moving the needle in inclusion, innovation and entrepreneurship. We have an incomparable workplace culture, committed to fostering trust, teamwork, and the core values of the organization. digitalundivided offers competitive compensation and benefits for every full-time employee. This overall compensation package includes medical, dental, vision, commuter, 403b retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays. In addition, digitalundivided’s office is closed the last two-weeks in December to give every team member an opportunity to rest and reset.
Role & Responsibilities
digitalundivided is looking for a talented, experienced, and creative Corporate Communications & Brand Storytelling Lead, to join our team. The Corporate Communications & Brand Storytelling Lead, is responsible for all aspects of digitalundivided’s corporate communications and brand storytelling. The role is open to qualified candidates of all backgrounds and identities whose values align with digitalundivided’s mission and work.
For this reason, the Corporate Communications & Brand Storytelling Lead will need deep previous experience with startups as well as a passion for implementing innovative approaches to the organizational communications that support our mission and vision.
Thus, the ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with the latest methodologies in that field. The individual must be a self-starter who can function independently and be comfortable with a fast-paced collaborative environment across cultures, sectors, and technologies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creative Strategy.
- Communications plans that support CEO, Public Relations efforts, corporate and executive communications.
- Support the CEO on the development and implementation of internal and external corporate communications plans.
- Keep a record of communication and related KPIs to measure impact and to provide and present statistical analysis. Responsible for all branding storytelling, and corporate communications activities.
- Support the development, hire activities and management of the communications team members that serves this area, including supporting on community engagement (social media) and other staff as needed.
- Work with the CEO and Associate Director of Events & Partnerships and other key staff, as needed, in institutionalizing a corporate communications, founder communications and brand storytelling strategy aligned with digitalundivided’s mission.
- Manage outside marketing and communications vendors and contractors, as assigned by Manager.
- Support the organizations Public Relation’s efforts and initiatives, including strategy, message development, industry expertise positioning.
- Lead training for digitalundivided staff, when necessary on key messaging and storytelling points for cohesive communications accross the organization’s touch points.
- Drive proactive/reactive messaging for key programs and thought leadership initiatives.
- Develop, pitch and secure relevant, compelling stories in global, national and local tech, news and venture outlets, lead on taking the CEO’s voice for supporting the press office.
- Identify and connect with potential media partnerships, in support of the organization’s Public Relations agent.
- Provide advice and counsel to founders on communications strategies and tactics, as requested.
- You have big visions, and also know how to build them block by block to execute on them. You can take a big idea, break it down into parts, then coordinate all the pieces and find the resources to make it come together smoothly.
- You’re excited about joining a growing and visionary organization. Day-to-day uncertainty and the opportunity for growth excites you, vs. stressing you out.
- You’re a curious and empathetic leader. Personally, you approach the world looking for ways to engage more deeply and learn from everyone around you. Professionally, you are looking to have authority and autonomy within your portfolio of responsibility, and you are excited by having ownership over what you do.
- You’re resourceful, and can motivate other people. You know how to create a high-quality product in a cost-effective way. You can find ways to make things happen where others might be stumped, and you naturally attract people who want to join you along the way.
- You want room for growth in your career. As digitalundivided grows as an organization, so will the scope and responsibilities of this role. This also excites you.
- You love stories and also how data informs impact. You can balance your love of people and their stories with the need for how data can let you help as many people as possible.
Desired and other required qualifications:
- A BA/BS from an accredited university, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in corporate communications/brand storytelling.
- Prior experience with entrepreneur programs is a plus.
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations.
- Desire to work with disruptive and world-changing startups.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Passion for managing program initiatives and activities and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Strong ethics and deep commitment to the mission of digitalundivided.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Very competitive; commensurate with experience
Reports To: Head of Communications & Brand Marketing