Senior Elixir Engineer (PETAL + React)
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleFull Stack Programming
DockYard is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with experience in Elixir and React.
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We're honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company's Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020), and Startup Weekly's Exceptional Workplaces (2021) amongst others.
The ideal candidate is self-driven and passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has a strong understanding of how to interface with clients. Candidates should feel comfortable and empowered to thrive in environments with open direction and loosely defined requirements. We're looking for candidates with strong experience in Elixir/Phoenix and React.
- Work independently or with other engineers to build and maintain growing libraries, APIs, and dependencies
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and other engineering teams to understand business goals, analyze requirements, and partner on solutions
- Investigate and help define feature requests from various client team members
- Participate in project planning, standups, code review, improvement suggestions, and other team activities
- Strong Elixir/Phoenix and React experience
- Understands best practices for web development and software design, and relishes opportunities to transform complex, legacy codebases into robust, scalable, and maintainable systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willing to learn and adopt new technologies guided by client requirements
- Experience with the full PETAL stack
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
Contract (expected 32 hours/week)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.