Head of Support
We are building a brand new international support team and are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced leader to help build our future processes and provide leadership and development for the team members. Support is a central part of our business, contact us if you feel the same.
About DoubleCloud and our project
We were creators of the first managed ClickHouse service back in 2018, with more than 500 customers. Our engineers are significant contributors to leading open-source technologies like ClickHouse, PostgreSQL, Odyssey, WAL-G, and others.
Since 2021, we have worked with more than 100 companies crunching analytics with various data tools, including Clickhouse and BigQuery, Redshift, MySQL, Postgres and Kafka.
As a result, we created a data platform to specifically help any business build an end-to-end modern data stack and real-time analytics with fully managed opensource technologies, like Clickhouse, Kafka, etc.
With our platform, data engineers can focus on what they love building instead of spending time on tasks related to scaling up or down, installing updates, deploying additional software and other required admin around open source technologies.
As a company, DoubleCloud is an early-stage startup incorporated in Germany (Berlin) and the USA (Boston).
We are currently over 40 people today, and the team is growing fast.
What you will do:
- Create and own the support team's processes, and seek opportunities for continuous improvement through automation, training, improving tools and via cooperation with other departments
- Take ownership of the support team's KPIs and roll out individual team member's KPI's to ensure that DoubleCloud's team and customers are receiving consistently high service levels
- Work collaboratively with other departmental managers and outsourced service providers to constantly improve Double Cloud's overall support function, including streamlining and minimizing escalations both from level 1 and to Level 3 (Site Reliability Team)
- Take ownership of Level 2 support's knowledge library and create processes and plans to develop and improve our knowledge base
- In cooperation with Recruitment and HR, hire and onboard new team members for L1 & L2 Support
- Build a training and development plan for new team members and carry out regular, constructive performance reviews
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience building and leading customer facing technical support
- Experience establishing and running fundamental support processes such as: Ticket Management, Request Management, Problem Management, Knowledge base etc.
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be on-call available if needed.
It would be a plus but not a hard requirement to have any of the following experiences
- Hands-on experience working with AWS, Azure, and/or GCP is a plus.
- Familiarity with SaaS and PaaS Cloud platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks, MS SQL, Oracle, and/or others.
- Familiarity with open-source solutions like Kafka, Postgres, Elastic, K8S, ClickHouse, and others.
- Proficiency with Service Management tools like Jira, HubSpot, PagerDuty, etc.
As a team, we work in a startup-like agile rhythm. We help and inspire each other, try new things and learn new lessons. We are here for each other, and we ensure each individual has everything they need to reach their goals. We are here to build the best possible product and want our customers to get the most value of it.
DoubleCloud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Simply put, we do not discriminate which means we treat everyone with respect. Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental principles at DoubleCloud.
We're a global and diverse team full of positive vibes, and we love it that way.
Benefits & Perks
Our Talent Team is working vigorously to provide the best working experience possible. At the minimum you are getting:
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer-paid premiums and well being perks
- Paid parental leave
- Personal and career development courses
- For WFH: Home office expenses reimbursement options
- For remote coworking: office space or coworking expenses reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and paid sick leaves
- Subsidized retirement plan
- And plenty more…
Get in touch or share this Job Description with someone you think may be interested.