Software Engineer, Android (Kotlin)
RoleFull Stack Programming
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8)
- Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
- We put mobile first. We have built and maintain multiple fully-native Android and iOS apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
- Our primary Android app uses Clean Architecture, written 100% in Kotlin. It utilizes a modular reactive architecture, which has drastically decreased feature development time and has made the development process much more pleasant. Click here to get more information about our stack on each platform.
- We are looking for a talented Android Software Engineer to join our team of 10 Android engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but our entire Android team is remote! We embrace remote work life, using industry standard tools to collaborate.
- Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
- Knowledge of Kotlin and have experience building Android apps
- Some experience with Clean Architecture is preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Android development using the Android SDK
- You stay up-to-date with latest patterns and libraries from the Android community
- You have some experience with testing on Android
- You possess an understanding of design patterns and with an eye for detecting their use case in the code
- Experience with async patterns, and network communication
- You are able to self-manage and have impeccable follow-through
- You are an clear communicator able to get your point across concisely and cohesively
- You have the desire to teach others how to excel as software engineers
How You'll Make an Impact
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, educational resources and conference access
- Family support and planning benefits
- Stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see ourcareer page
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 80% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We're driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $4.0 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people's lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We're growing fast, and there's plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact-join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved