Mid-Level / Senior Game QA Tester
GMT time zone
RoleAll Other Remote
We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Game QA Tester to join our team at Drest Ltd.. Reporting to the Lead QA, you will participate in the planning and execution of tests that build confidence and reduce risk while maintaining and increasing the quality of our product. As part of an embedded QA team, you will support your teammates whether they’re game designers, UI/UX designers or engineers to drive and support the quality of Drest.
Diligent, driven and self-disciplined you have solid communication skills and will put yourself in the shoes of our users to flag issues in testing before those are experienced by our players on the live product.
You have confidence in your skills in Quality Assurance testing/engineering but are eager to learn more.
What you will do..
- Test, including exploratory, functional, usability, compatibility, compliance, performance, localization, or other types of testing as required
- Contribute, maintain and improve the test suite as well as the QA documentation
- Assist the Lead QA in the tracking of quality metrics to continuously assess and improve processes and practice
- Suggest additional debug functionalities and other tooling support that the team would benefit from
- Share your skills and experience with your peers
- Proactively collaborate with all team members to continuously improve our practices
What you will bring..
- Experience as a mobile game tester at a Mid to Senior level of experience (minimum of 3 years)
- Analytical mindset and troubleshooting skills with high attention to details
- Knowledge of QA processes and testing terminology
- Familiarity with mobile software/games development lifecycles and methodologies
- Skilled in reviewing and writing test cases
- Understanding of client/server testing
- Familiarity with source control solutions such as GIT
- Knowledge of build management tools, such as Bitrise or Jenkins
- Working experience with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA or Hansoft
- Proficient communicator including in cross-discipline conversations
- Familiarity with App Store Connect and Google Play Console
- Up to date knowledge of the Android and iOS ecosystems
- Ability to perform risk and root cause analysis
- Awareness of the mobile game market and its challenges
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Avid mobile game player
Bonus points if you have..
- F2P LiveOps experience
- Familiarity with Unity
- Understanding of Agile principles and methodologies
- Experience working with TestRail
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues in data, code and scripting information
- Test automation experience
- Localization Quality Assurance exposure
- Good verbal and written skills in any additional languages among these would be highly advantageous: EFIGS, Cantonese, Russian, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More About DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centered around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.