Senior Data Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
- Able to overlap with the GMT UK timezone and hours of 10am - 5pm
- Our common company language is English and applicants must be able to communicate in this language fluently
- Must be able to travel to London for in person company events/workshops 2-5 times a year without a requirement of a visa or long haul travel
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join our team. You will be working with our Data Science team and our engineering teams to bring your experience, insights and knowledge of how to extract data, create awesome tools and build out the infrastructure! As all of those are crucial elements to the future of Drest this is a really exciting opportunity to showcase your skills!
What you will do..
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture to move data between our games and data warehouses.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure, backend and servers for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, NoSQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Collaborate with your peers to ensure quality deliverables.
What you will bring..
- 4+ years of Data engineering experience of supporting data scientists and analysts with building a strong data pipelines and tooling
- Proven experience and understanding of multiple database technologies, especially RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with event streaming platforms (Kinesis or Kafka)
- Good knowledge of AWS infrastructure
- Experience in using Python
- Proven knowledge of streaming or micro-service driven architecture
- Experience with ETL across large data sets
- Self-driven you are able to proceed with little supervision
- Comfortable with Git
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Analytics, BI, Finance or other analytical disciplines or have similar experience
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and drive to complete projects
Nice to haves
- Previous experience working as a data engineer in the mobile gaming industry
- Experience with tools like Terraform, Segment, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Rails
- Experience with web sockets for push updates
- Experience with Agile methodologies
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More about DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centered around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.