Custom Experience Concierge
🇺🇸 USA Only
Hiring is the single most important responsibility we have as a business. We have an intensive process to ensure we excel in this vital practice. It’s a huge decision for us and for you. To succeed, all you need to do is show up authentically and be yourself. We promise to do the same.
Dry Farm Wines is the world’s premier Natural Wine company. We curate the highest quality Natural Wines from small family growers around the world. Every wine meets a set of strict criteria, including organic farming practices, lower alcohol levels, no sugar, and delicious taste.
But, we do far more than just sell wine. Our mission today is to create the healthiest, most beautiful, and most premium Rare Natural Wine lifestyle for our influential, affluent, and health-conscious community.
To create the most premium Natural Wine brand, we need to execute a few things better than anyone else in the world - sourcing the purest and best tasting Natural Wines, delivering the most premium Natural Wine shopping and drinking experience, and inspiring a premium Natural Wine lifestyle for our community.
The most direct path to this goal is an obsessive focus on our Member.
We must maintain an obsessive focus on who our Member is, how they aspire to live, and how we can best serve and elevate them. Everyone is always empowered to support and serve our Members however needed.
That’s why we’re now looking for a full-time Custom Experience Concierge to join our remote team.
Benefits of working with DFW
This is the best place to work in the world. If it wasn’t, the rest of us wouldn’t be here.
The benefits of joining this team are vast. Here are a few:
- Distributed Work Model, built to support every individual’s freedom and still build a strong team
- Unlimited pure Natural Wine. Need we say more?
- Fully paid health, dental, and vision.
- Generous 401k, Profit Sharing, and Defined Benefit plans available.
- 4 day work week, built to prioritize only impactful work.
- Paid gym membership.
- Team meals and parties, paid for by the company.
- Huge opportunities to expand your responsibilities and position as the company continues to rapidly grow.
- Generous vacation and PTO days.
Most importantly, the opportunity to connect with the team on a daily basis. We are a lot of fun, and we push the boundaries of possibility daily in helping each other grow and in our service to others.
Every single person you will work with is an elite performer. Not just some, but ALL. Everyone here is a rockstar at what they do and has a deep dedication to being the best in their craft.
Roles and Responsibilities
** You must have experience in wine, and preferably natural wine!
What’s a Custom Experience Concierge? Glad you asked!
It’s someone whose heart and soul are focused on ensuring our customers have a Concierge-level experience with us. Our Member Service model revolves around a dedication to hospitality: personalized, elevated service from real people, empowered to help the customer at all costs to create a seamless experience.
We sell a premium product and our customers deserve a premium and loving experience. Our responsibility, and our challenge as we grow, is to make sure every person we interact with experiences this and feels our total commitment.
As the voice of our Member Experience, your job is to make sure every customer feels understood, appreciated, and loved.
More specifically, here are some (but certainly not all) of the responsibilities for this position:
- You’ll get Members more of their favorite wines using our technology platforms.
- You'll curate wine selections based on taste, preconception, and nostalgia.
- You’ll ensure every customer feels heard by getting them a quick response to any questions they have.
- You’ll pick up the phone and talk to customers. You’ll listen to them and let them know you care.
- You’ll learn from customers everyday.
- You’ll work with the rest of the Custom Experience team on compiling insights and data driven reports that inform future buying decisions.
- You’ll drive forward new and creative ways to give our members a one of a kind, custom experience
- You'll suggest wines based on taste preferences and curate boxes of our pure Natural Wine based on our inventory
- You have an unquenchable thirst for learning more about Natural Wine.
- You’re willing to let go of any preconceptions of what wine is and should be.
- You’ll taste and give feedback on our wines consistently, both with our group and on your own
- You take pride in building relationships with Members and guiding them through their natural wine journey.
- You will proactively help solve customer's problems to build relationships with them.
- You understand that wine is subjective, and there are no good and bad wines - simply different tastes.
- Tuesday - Friday
Requirements to Apply
- You must have at least 2 years of experience in a customer facing position.
- You must have at least 2 years of experience in wine.
Attributes of the ideal candidate
When we think about the ideal person for this role, a few attributes come to mind. Here are the main ones:
- You’re passionate
- You’re empathetic
- You’re a problem solver
- You’re a rockstar communicator
- You’re resourceful
- You’re a good writer
- You’re organized
- You’re calm under pressure
- You’re a wine-lover and health-advocate
We are driven to create what we love, with people we admire, for a community who loves what
Creating what we love
Dry Farm Wines started because of Todd’s passion to optimize his health while still enjoying his love for wine. It grew at the intersection of natural wine, health, community, design, travel, and elevated taste. That’s the space in which we create and dream still today.
With people we admire
We need to mutually admire, respect, and trust the people we work with. We celebrate being an elite team that enjoys excellence for excellence's sake. We know that a group of talented individuals, creating in harmony together, is an incredible experience to be part of and a terrific way to make a living and grow as a human.
For a community who loves what we do
We bring products and a lifestyle to people who share our passion for health, taste, art, design,
beauty, and impact. Our Members love what we love, whether its healthy living, natural farming practices, delicious food, or beautiful art.
For us, this is all part of building a great business and a great lifestyle.
DFW Business Values
As a Community, Dry Farm Wines values well-being, creative expression, and making an impact. Our Values aren’t a set of rules, so much as the ingredients that keep our community healthy and strong. We all are committed to showing up with these values:
- Admiration - We admire and respect each other
- Excellence - We have an internal drive for excellence in all things
- Innovation - We are always adapting and pushing the envelope
- Group Flow - We love creating together and we trust each other
- Self-Directed Responsibility - We get things done with energy, cleverness, and without requiring much oversight
Freedom & Responsibility
We believe freedom and flexibility are important personal values in our lives today, and we want to lean into them further. People create at their highest when they are focused, rested, and leave space for the creative process. But we also recognize that, within a collaborative organization, too much flexibility can lead to unstructured and isolated lives, and too much freedom, if misused at the expense of the group, can negatively impact everyone else’s collective freedom.
With this in mind, we are experimenting to find the right balance of flexibility, responsibility, and collaboration.
- 4 Day Work Week - We encourage everyone to view Friday (or whichever day becomes your flex day) as a day for personal growth, learning, travel, new experiences, extended fitness, and deep creative work. Anything that inspires and expands your experience, and may bring inspiration and growth to your daily work.
- Department Meeting Mondays - Although everyone is expected to be online on Monday, the only regularly scheduled Monday meetings will be a company wide All Hands and department meetings. All other meetings and gatherings will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Monday is for creative flow time.
- Distributed Work Locations - In addition to your home office, there will be open work spaces available in Napa, LA, Dallas, and Miami. We believe this model can work effectively if everyone is as committed to their productivity, personal contribution, and the team’s performance as they are to their own flexibility.
We are very passionate about our culture. Finding someone who values this type of culture is just as important to us as the ideal role attributes.
Our culture is not negotiable. We love it too much.
If you are uncomfortable with anything we do, that’s okay. We might not be the best fit for you. But if you read this and jump with excitement, then let’s continue.
To help us both determine if we’re the right fit for each other, we created this list of questions.
Please send your answers (and your resume) to us in an email to “email@example.com”. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. Please also include your resume in your response.
If you have any questions about this questionnaire or the ongoing interview process, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Here are the questions...
- If you’re hired, what are 2 things you are good at that you can apply in your first three months without very much help or a large budget and would make Dry Farm Wines better?
- There are currently 300 unanswered emails in your inbox. They include a broad range of topics like general questions on natural wine, shipment concerns, and requests for special custom orders. How would you manage this backlog of emails while also addressing new ones?
- You’re tasked with designing our high spender recognition program. What are 3 metrics you would use to measure how well we’re doing?
- What systems, technologies, and apps are you comfortable using in your day to day life to get stuff done? (Examples: Google Docs, Excel, Trello, etc)
- Respond to the following customer email … “I’m not very familiar with Natural Wine but I’ve heard that the wines can be flawed. Can you explain what that means, and what to expect with your wines?"
- Respond to the following customer email … “Hi. I typically drink Chardonnay but would like to see what else is out there. Can you suggest some similar varietals for me, and explain why they are similar to Chardonnay?"
- A customer calls you claiming he hasn’t received his shipment, even though UPS confirms it was delivered. What do you do?
- Admitting failure is tough, but failure is a significant learning experience for us. What is a significant failure you have experienced recently and what did you learn?
- What is one professional and one personal goal you hold for the next 1-3 years?
- Describe a change you’ve seen in yourself over the last 5 years that you love.
- What’s your relationship with health & wellness?
- What makes you unique or weird?
- What is a personal hobby you cherish?
- Describe your experience with wine?
- Anything else you’d like to touch on that we didn’t ask? The floor is yours...
Now that you’ve submitted the questionnaire and resume, here’s what to expect:
- Application Review. We’ll review your questionnaire and resume and follow up with you within a week.
- Meet & Greet Call. Next, we’ll begin with scheduling a video interview. If you’re out-of-town, (most of you) we use Zoom to schedule the video calls. If you’re in Napa, we’ll meet in person. The first interview will last about 10 minutes for a meet and greet.
- Group Call. We’ll then schedule a 30 minute call with more people from the team. It’s a chance for us to get to know you better, and for you to better know us and our business.
- Project Review. We will assign you a specific project that will help us understand your work product. It will be a project within your area of hire. Then we will schedule a 30-60 minute video interview to review the project. If you have a significant other that is relocating with you, we would love for them to join this call for 5-10 minutes. Because we’re all so close, we would love for your significant other to meet us too!
- Napa Visit (or Virtual Visit). If we’re all still a good fit for each other, next we’ll bring you to Napa for an in-person working interview/socials (or a virtual visit in these current times). This is typically a two day interview. You’ll meet everyone, you’ll meet with a group of us for an open and wide-ranging conversation, see our work environment, work on a project in our office for a day and present it to the Family, cook with us, and drink with us. You will get an intimate close look at us, and how we live and work together to create magic. All expenses are hosted by us for both you and your significant other if they will be relocating with you.
Together, we will determine next steps.
We deeply appreciate you investing the time to learn about us and share your thoughts and life with us.
With much love and gratitude, the Dry Farm Wines Family,
Todd, David, Tony, Luen, Mark, Ramzy, Gio, Jon, Shawn, Cesar, Beno, Kayla, David, Mandy, Ximena, Jasiel, Omar, Kristian, Alex, Rae, Lindsay, Barbara, Viviana, Aaron, Scott, Alexis, Hugo, Jesus, Alejandro, Rosa, Jason, Victor, Erin, Jonatan, Rush, Alex, Bryan, Juan, Christian, Nyllan, Enrique, Salomon, James, Maria, Angela, Sarah, Erica, Jenna, Nemy, Hayden, Shelby, Chandler, Becca, Ronny, Douglas, Emily, Greg