Remote User Acquisition Specialist
Anywhere in the World
RoleSales and Marketing
At Dwell we help 100,000+ believers cultivate a habit of living in the Bible. We love being able to encourage people to connect more deeply with God through Scripture, and we love the challenge of using technology to accomplish that mission. Our small team (8) is committed to building formative and delightful experiences for our community, and we're on the hunt for a new teammate who aligns with our mission.
Could that be you?
About the Role
We're looking for a User Acquisition Specialist who is both analytical and creative. In this role, you'll be a pivotal part of accelerating growth by improving our KPIs (App Installs, Trial Starts, and Paid Subscriptions) by acquiring the right type of customer. The right candidate will be a seasoned marketer with a proven track record of growing digital products at scale.
While you'll likely interact with the full team at Dwell, you also will work closely with our Head of Operations, Head of Product, and Senior Product Strategist.
This position reports to Dwell's Head of Operations.
Please, no recruiters or contractors.
Primary Responsibilities (In Order of Priority):
- Execute and support User Acquisition for
- Paid Search Channels: Apple Search Ads, Google Play Store Ads, Google Ads (In the future, YouTube Search Ads)
- Paid Social Channels: Facebook and Instagram (In the future, TikTok and SnapChat)
- Responsible for App Store Optimization (ASO):
- The Apple App Store
- The Google Play Store
- Responsible for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for DwellBible.com
- Senior-level experience marketing digital products at scale (app-specific marketing makes you the ideal candidate)
- You like finding creative solutions for acquiring users through new ad concepts or exploring new channels
- You love data and have fun tracking the effectiveness of campaigns and reporting on their performance
- You enjoy staying on top of shifting industry trends and acquisition best practices
- Details don't scare you
- You appreciate working at a remote-first company
- You have exceptional written communication
- You enjoy working collaboratively and delight in solitary deep work
- You have the knowhow to engage and maintain agency relationships when necessary
Activities you may find yourself doing on any given day...
- Managing Apple Search Ads and Google Play Store campaigns for Dwell
- Tracking, optimizing, and measuring campaign performance
- Helping determine how and where our budget should be allocated
- Discovering new keywords and market opportunities on Apple Search Ads
- Managing day-to-day communication with teammates
- Creating a weekly report to turn performance data into meaningful insights and taking relevant action on insights gained
- Conducting research to monitor and study the competition
- Tweaking things to boost Dwell's rank across App Stores
- Managing app store assets and updating features
- Working with the creative team to get high-performing creative
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Advanced Mathematics or a related analytical field
- 7+ years of experience with customer acquisition of digital products
- 1+ year of experience with customer acquisition of app-based businesses
- Hands-on experience running Apple Search Ads and Google Search Ads campaigns
- Understanding of Facebook's paid advertising platform, paid search, mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, and sponsored content campaigns
- A pro with analytic tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge using third party mobile attribution tools such as Appsflyer, App Figures, and Mix Panel
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel (Apple Numbers)
- Basic Photoshop (or Canva or Figma) and HTML knowledge a plus
Software we use
- App Figures
- Apps Flyer
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Mix Panel
What We Offer:
1. Profit Sharing and Liquidity Pools
Profit Sharing Pool
Full-time employees are also eligible to participate in Dwell's profit sharing pool the year in which they are hired. While they participate in Year 1, their profit-sharing portion is prorated from their date of hire to the end of their first calendar year (Dec 31st) with the company. So, for example, if you were to begin work on July 1st, you'd receive 6 months worth of your profit-sharing portion.
The amount of the profit-sharing pool is 25% of the company's net income for the year (after debt payments, savings, prepayments and taxes are taken into consideration). That 25% would be proportionately distributed based upon all current employees' accrued units at the end of the calendar year. The profit sharing pool is always calculated annually, and always paid out at the end of the year.
If Dwell is ever sold or part of an IPO, active employees will be eligible to receive a portion of 5% of the value of the company. That 5% would be proportionately distributed based upon all current employees' accrued units at the time of sale or IPO.
Full time employees are eligible to participate in Dwell's Employee Liquidity Pool after one full year of employment.
Employees earn Units as follows:
Tenure: 1 unit is earned each year working at Dwell. Your first unit is officially accrued on your 1-year anniversary with the company.
Expertise: Additional units are assigned to each employee (at the beginning of employment and/or when transitioning to a new position within the company) based upon a combination of factors, such as position, experience, and expertise. Levels range from 1 to 10. For example, beginning junior-level employees will most-likely be assigned 1-3 unit, while senior-level employees might be assigned 7-10 units.
2. Time Off
- Paid Time Off (Personal and/or Sick): 15 days
- Summer Fridays: 8 or 9 days
- Minor Holidays: 4 days
- Thanksgiving: 3 days
- Christmas: 4 days
- New Years: 2 days
- Total: 37 days
We take off for Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
In addition to annual PTO and holidays, every four years employees are encouraged to take a paid sabbatical (20 days off). Just give a heads-up, preferably a few months in advance so we can coordinate the work-load accordingly.
Medical insurance is not provided through through the company. Instead, we offer a Health Reimbursement Agreement. Essentially, Dwell will reimburse the employee up to $350/mo for an individual or up to $550/mo if married. We don't offer Vision or Dental insurance.
Paid Time Off
Dwell offers 15 days of paid time off (PTO). PTO is prorated your first year working at the company. If you start mid-year, for example, expect to have about 8 days off.
During the summer, we work 4-day work weeks, aka "summer hours," instead of the traditional 5-day work week. Summer hours are in effect from June 1 through July 31 each year. When a a minor holiday occurs over summer, you can take the holiday off or your normal summer day off. Any additional days off would count as PTO.
We take 3 weeks at the end of each year as a Christmas break. Christmas Day is completely off as well as the 2 days before and the day after Christmas. New Years Eve and New Years Day are also off. If days off fall on a weekend then we'll take the next business day off as the observed holiday. The rest of the days are considered Maintenance Mode, which means, take care of urgent tasks and be responsive if someone needs something from you. Maintenance Mode looks different depending on what you do at Dwell. For questions on what Maintenance Mode would look like for you, reach out to David Yount.
If you are the primary caregiver of a new child, you can take up to 4 weeks leave at 100% paid salary. If you are the secondary caregiver of a new child, you can take up to 2 weeks leave at 100% paid salary.
Our 401K is through Guideline. Dwell matches dollar-for-dollar up to 2% of your salary that you contribute to the plan. For instance, if an employee, who earns $100,000/year, contributes $4,000 towards their 401K in a given year; Dwell would contribute $2,000 (2% of the employee's annual salary) to their 401K. If the same employee decided to contribute just $1,000, Dwell would "match" their $1,000 contribution. You are eligible to enroll in the 401K plan with your first paycheck.
Team meetups happen in Plano once or twice per year. They typically last no longer than 48 hours. A Christmas Meetup is usually hosted on the first or second Monday in December.
Dwell will pay up to $100/month for your gym membership, yoga studio membership, or whatever activity you do to stay in shape. If it's not organized fitness, that's okay, too. You can use your stipend to pay for running/race registrations or even new outdoor running shoes. The only catch is that you can't "save up" your stipend; the benefit is meant to promote regular activity for you.
Continuing Education Allowance
Dwell will pay for a subscription to Masterclass, Skillshare, Blinkist or any other digital learning resource. You're also able to purchase a book each month, and subscribe to Audible compliments of Dwell.
At the end of the year, we always like to give a thank-you gift to employees. :)
Home Office Set-up
Dwell will pay for any equipment or software necessary to do your job.
Co-working Space Stipend
Dwell will pay up to $200/month for you to use towards renting co-working space in your city. Please make sure you're using a true co-working space that's meant solely for working, not a club or social space.
Employees do get a Dwell credit card that can be used for any additional work expenses, such as travel, coffee or food for a home office, or software purchases.
Dwell's ultimate vision is to be the digital home for Christian formation. We believe in the formative potential of scripture and technology. We're growing and have an ambitious roadmap of development ahead of us! Join us!