Senior Cloud Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
We're on a mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone!
EcoCart is the #1 solution for sustainable ecommerce, with products that allow online shoppers and businesses to make their orders carbon neutral with a single click. We are backed by top VCs, executives from Facebook, Affirm, & Klaviyo, and by top-tier e-commerce founders of Chubbies, Blue Bottle Coffee, BarkBox, & Felix Gray.
We are a Series A-stage startup based in San Francisco, CA looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer who is motivated by building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us!
Our ideal candidate
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience.
Someone who is highly detail oriented, has a data-driven decision making process, and most importantly, gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
In this role you will be
- Developing and automating tests for software validation of cloud architecture systems, by setting up of test environments, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases within existing and under-development software.
- Ensuring that the product is tested using reasonable testing methodologies for the context (unit vs integration vs end to end, API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Leveraging past experience with technologies such as ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Glue and more to help achieve our Global Scale
- Helping drive quality processes like bug triage, release decisions, and feature completion criteria.
- Identifying and capturing test cases in software for performance, and scalability issues in Python specific containerization libraries and software that generated infrastructure in cloud environments.
- Utilizing working knowledge of software developer and IT operations (DevOps) systems to enable cross-functional software development teams.
- Providing feedback, proposing solutions and suggesting improvements in the software.
- Monitoring, and troubleshooting issues that come up during software testing.
- Investigating test failures, narrowing down and reproducing issues affecting the product, isolating the root problem, documenting in established bug reporting tools, and determining correct course of remediation.
- Helping to extend Python specific containerization libraries in cloud environments.
We are looking for
- 4+ years of AWS Management and Support experience for multiple application / product teams
- A scrappy, action-biased, data-driven individual that can build processes to leverage the teams' superpowers
- Someone who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently in a cloud native environment
- Obsession with stability and scalability when creating applications and pays great attention to detail when developing new infrastructure
- Strong documentation, diagramming and communication skills
- Strong IaC experience (we use CDK heavily)
- Experience working with Shopify
- Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
- Experience with PHP, specifically work with symfony applications
- Past experience building out large scale APIs and developing their infrastructure is a huge bonus!
- Series A Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours (work when you want)
- Remote-first environment (work where you want)
- Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Mental health benefits
- Life insurance
- Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!