Field Application Engineer / Customer Success
🇺🇸 USA Only
Join the Electra Vehicles team as we revolutionize Energy Storage!
We are a Boston-based B2B company developing the most unique AI Software to optimize the performance of Battery Packs across a wide range of industries. Electra's AI Adaptive Controls Technology and Analytics Platform work in tandem to improve Electric Vehicle battery pack performance, lifetime, and safety, across entire eFleets.
Our Focus is in the Automotive Industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management and analytics, and more. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed into the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Seed Round of fundraising and are now building the organization to develop and deliver to our customers and their overwhelming demand for our technology.
We are looking for a Field Application Engineer who will guide and assist on tools selections, and overall architectural decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will be working directly with automotive customers as technical account owner. Your mission is to drive revenue through adoption of Electra's EVE-Ai software and EnPower product lines and services as part of the Customer Success Team. You'll be the key technical resource on the team, working in a pre and post sales capacity and will be responsible for owning customer technical relationships, advising customers in design decisions and representing Electra at regional events, trade shows, and webinars.
- Provide field application support for current Electra's EVE-Ai software customers and also new business pilots/ POC projects.
- Help customers design their system architectures to support future integration of Electra's EVE-Ai software.
- Support customers in setting up their data pipelines to train ML models with our team (e.g. format Parquet files, filter data outliers, etc.)
- Work with the entire software development toolchain to ensure that battery designs can be exported to other tools for simulation (e.g. Simulink).
- Provide consulting and coaching as needed, independently or part of a team.
- Proactively liaison with engineering resources to meet customer expectations.
- Troubleshoot customer issues with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Train new customers on Electra's products informally and in a classroom setting.
- Proactively learn about new product features and technologies to inform the product roadmap.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presenting, listening and facilitating skills.
Knowledge of OEM/Tier1 automotive ECU development and testing process.
Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technical, Education, Computer Science, Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Business.
Candidates are invited to highlight any prior knowledge and experience in some of the following tools and concepts:
- Python tools for data analysis: Pandas, Apache Spark, etc.
- IoT frameworks: AWS Greengrass, Azure IoT, etc.
- Model Based Design: Matlab Simulink, ASCET, etc.
- Vehicle HIL integration: Vector CANoe, CANalyzer, dSpace
- AUTOSAR architecture (Classic platform and Adaptive platform)
- Automotive microcontroller architectures (Arm, TriCore, etc.)
- Flexible remote schedule
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Continued skill growth with company wide training
Electra Vehicles, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Electra Vehicles complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All applicants will be considered, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.