Inpatient Clinical Specialist
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
This is a remote position.
ABOUT ELLIT GROUPS
Ellit Groups is a woman, minority-owned business and certified by WBENC. Provider and Life Sciences organizations are prioritizing diversity and working with firms like Ellit Groups. Diversity in an organization brings strength, differing outlooks and opinions. It helps us be our very best. In fact, we strive for it at Ellit Groups. Our leadership are strong believers in this philosophy and intentionally support elevating good people to do their best. We pride ourselves on having top talent with depth and breadth in all we do. Our rapid growth is based largely on our ability to consistently deliver quality to each customer, ensuring our clients’ success is our success. We have been entrusted to provide an end-to-end IT service delivery model to support running healthcare operations starting with advisory services to planning and implementing some of your most important solutions; supporting them once live; continuing to modernize/optimize the user experience; and offering ongoing learning and adoption of IT solutions.
Ellit Groups is seeking a highly experienced Clinical Specialist to join its Performance Improvement and Informatics Service Line. The Clinical Specialist may be assigned to any one of a variety of engagements including EHR implementation, operational assessments, performance improvement projects, Quality or Regulatory projects, The Joint Commission survey preparation and training projects and/or Patient Experience enhancement initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Specialist include performing operational and application assessments, EHR implementation, workflow design and analysis, value stream mapping, identifying opportunities for improvement, performing root cause analysis, reengineering business processes to streamline and optimize operations, creation of Key Performance Indicators and associated dashboards and scorecards, and assisting in the development of performance improvement methodology, playbook, tools and collateral materials.
The Clinical Specialist will assist clients to execute and achieve organizational strategic goals by coaching leaders and project teams through Lean Improvement initiatives focused on the client’s strategic pillars, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in support of transformation projects.
- Conduct workflow design/redesign
- Perform gap analysis
- Implement an enterprise EHR or an individual module/application including planning, design, build, testing, training, Go Live preparation and post Go Live stabilization and support
- Conduct Operational and application assessments
- Develop KPIs and associated processes to measure, monitor, report and act on results
- Employ Lean tools and techniques to support performance improvement initiatives
- Create process flow and value-stream maps
- Lead or support Change Management efforts
- Develop Communication Plans
- Nursing degree is strongly preferred or someone with in depth knowledge of clinical hospital workflows.
- Experience, required
- 2 plus years clinical operations experience in acute care, post-acute care, ambulatory or a specialty practice
- Clinical workflow and process analysis and design
- Demonstrated experience in performance improvement
- Healthcare Information Technology experience including, EHR implementation and support
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience, preferred
- Business Continuity downtime
- Epic clinical certifications
- Experience using Lean methodology, tools and techniques
- Experience leading organizational Change Management efforts
- Strong client relationship building and project management skills
- Managing projects and developing project deliverables
- Knowledge/skill/ability, required
- Clinical operations
- EHR implementation
- Clinical process/performance improvement
- Proven ability to solve problems by applying best practices, experience, and creativity
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimal direction, to complete assigned work accurately and in a timely manner
- Knowledge/skill/ability, preferred
- Familiarity with Lean Methodology and tools
- Familiarity with Organizational Change Management Methodology and tools
- Familiarity with Quality and Regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Work from home with travel as identified by business or client needs. All remote employees are expected to have a consistent, reliable internet connection.
- Project is 6 weeks to start but is expected to be continued for 9-12 months to actually implement the plan we propose. We have LOTS of other work coming up, too, if for some reason this doesn’t extend.
- While onsite with a client:
- Work indoors in offices, hospitals, and other health care facilities
- Work near others in the same office space
- Sit at a desk or stand/walk for periods up to the full duration of a shift
- Wear appropriate PPE when visiting medical facilities
- Travel between facilities as needed
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- STD, LTD, and AD&D
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k Retirement
- 6 Paid Holidays and Flexible Paid Time Off