Manager, Accounting Controls and Compliance
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
About the role
We are seeking a Manager, Accounting Control and Compliance to lead implementation of SOX404 and help establish effective control environment. You will work closely with the CFO and leadership team on internal control and SOX404 readiness. You will coordinate SOX404 implementation and ongoing compliance and testing with the broader Finance Team, IT, and other departments, as well as the company’s 404a implementation partner and auditor. An ideal candidate should have previous experience working in audit or SOX404 compliance roles in fast growing organizations.
What you will do
- Manage initial drafts of process flow and position papers (“control memos”) of all 404a controls and processes.
- Collaborate effectively with senior executives in Finance, IT, and all other departments heads.
- Leverage external resources including but not limited to 404a partner and auditors.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection process for SOX risk and compliance tracking system and lead its implementation.
- Create a risk and control matrix having each control aligned with COSO 2013 Framework, financial statements assertion, control types and frequency, the nature of control, and risk to that area.
- Develop test plans and perform testing with external partner and auditors to access control effectiveness for SOX404a and compliance of SOX404b.
- Set up best practices and approaches to enable ongoing compliance and success.
- Implement internal controls and related processes to support new business units and business growth.
- Support CFO & VP Finance in monthly account reconciliation review and financial statement analytics and variance analysis.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related.
- CPA preferred (not required).
- 5+ years of experience in accounting including 404a roles and responsibilities with progressive responsibility; candidates with 8+ years of experience will be considered for Senior Manager title.
- Significant public accounting experience for listed entity required.
- SOX404a and COSO 2013 Framework and financial statements experience is a must.
- Expertise in Oracle NetSuite is a plus.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.