Manager, Financial Reporting
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
About the role
We are seeking a Manager, Financial Reporting to lead financial statement preparation and related functions. You will oversee EV’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for the listed entity and will collaborate closely with the Senior Manager, SEC Reporting. In addition, you will oversee the revenue cycle including billing, revenue accounting, deferred revenue, and backlog analysis. The ideal candidate should have previous experience working in financial reporting and have shown progressive growth and increase in responsibilities.
What you will do
- Manage revenue cycle and ensure timely billing of project progress and related revenue recognition.
- Support CFO & VP Finance in monthly account reconciliation review and financial statement preparation.
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies.
- Research and book complex transactions and journal entries.
- Participate in budget planning.
- Prepare weekly and monthly rolling forecast and management reports.
- Manage audit coordination with external auditors and tax advisors.
- Assist in the review of critical accounting estimates on a quarterly basis.
- Implement accounting and related processes to support new business offerings and business growth.
- Work in cross functional capacity to provide accounting and finance support for Engineering, Product Development, Marketing, Project Management, and Sales departments.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related.
- CPA preferred (not required).
- 5+ years in accounting roles with progressive responsibility; candidates with 8+ years of experience will be considered for a Senior Manager title
- Significant public accounting experience for listed entity required.
- Excel proficiency, strong analytical and technical accounting skills, and ability to work independently to solve problems and manages multiple projects.
- Experience working with multi-currency accounting and consolidation preferred.
- Public accounting/audit experience a plus.
- Expertise in Oracle NetSuite a plus.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.