RoleAll Other Remote
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Are you interested in using data to solve some of the biggest challenges in treating patients with eating disorders? We’re looking for a data scientist to join our team and make a real impact on patients, their families, and our business. The data scientist will be joining the Data & Insight team responsible for serving analytics to the entire organization and will collaborate closely with clinical, growth & marketing, product development, and other departments at Equip to unlock the potential of our data in accelerating our mission.
- Identify opportunities to use data to improve our treatment program, processes, and business
- Identify and integrate new data sources to enrich our data
- Clean, transform, and optimize data for analysis
- Build predictive and descriptive models
- Deploy models as part of a production workflow
- Perform analyses, visualize data, and present findings to stakeholders
- Bachelors or masters degree in statistics, data science, or related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated work experience in data analysis, machine learning, or statistics
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of common statistical and machine learning techniques
- Experience building and deploying descriptive and predictive models
- Proficient in SQL and with analyzing data using at least 1 other programming language (Python preferred)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across diverse teams
- Organized and results-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovationYou enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative startup environment
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience with Eating Disorder, behavioral health, or other health-related domain (e.g., public health, social work, nutrition)
- Experience with AWS services
- Previous experience working in a healthtech startup
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.