Senior Data Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
eVisit is a healthcare tech company that enables healthcare organizations to standup and deliver virtual care in customized clinical workflows. We’re at a very exciting moment - we’ve grown our customer base, we’ve raised $45M last year, and we’re accelerating the maturity of our data and analytics products and services. We’re secure enough to know what we want to do, but young enough that you’ll be able to have a massive impact on the direction, performance, and results of the Data and Analytics team.
We are creating telemedicine technology that’s on the forefront of healthcare innovation. Part of our challenge is using data to prove the impact, and potential opportunities of telemedicine to ourselves, our customers, and the market. This has been a rewarding and challenging process, and we’re continuing to expand. We are looking for an exceptional data analyst who is eager to help us on our mission to simplify healthcare delivery to everyone, everywhere.
About the Team and Job
eVisit’s data and reporting arm of the Product team is responsible for answering key business questions for both clients and internal stakeholders. When telehealth clinical workflows are implemented successfully based on insight we provide, we are able to improve patient experience, clinical quality, provider experience, and the cost of healthcare itself.
Our data and analytics team is a tight-knit, high-performing team that owns the data architecture, data products, and analytics of eVisit. We dive deep into customer utilization trends, and draw insights to help drive operational excellence. We’re also developing our enterprise data architecture using AWS technologies.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you would be central to the Data and Analytics team’s success. You would face a variety of challenges ranging from sending automated custom sftp reports to clients, to working hand in hand with a data analyst and architect to bring a new data product to life.
What You Will Do
- Work cross functionally with product and engineering teams to build meaningful data assets based on defined methodologies to capture patient care journeys and episodes of care
- Design data models around a variety of different types of data including: healthcare provider data, patient authorizations and claims, medical images and reports, proprietary quality assessments, and more.
- Build reliable, performant, maintainable, secure systems and pipelines which can scale to the needs of our business.
- Transform complex (and sometimes messy) data from disparate sources into clean, coherent data sets for consumers.
- Expose data interfaces to customers, providers, and internal teams.
We don’t expect any candidate to have all of the following qualifications and experiences, but a successful candidate will have many of these:
- 2-4 years of professional data experience at a healthcare technology company
- 2+ years of professional experience with building data platforms and/or ETL pipelines
- Excellent SQL and Python chops, including common data packages such as pandas
- Deep familiarity with the landscape of data technologies (tools for ingestion, processing, storage, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to turn fuzzy data into meaningful structures to be used for analytic purposes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology and clinical data
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with AWS
Location - Where’s the job?
We are 100% remote, and staying that way. We are able to hire colleagues in all 50 states and internationally. Our team was distributed internationally even before the pandemic. It’s baked into how we work. You can work from wherever you want, although this position requires a lot of collaboration so you should plan on being in or near the timezone of your team.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at eVisit!