Client Platform Engineer
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
At Fastly, we believe that employees should be free to choose the operating system that they are most comfortable with in order to do their best work. We’re looking for a Client Platform Engineer to help us make Windows a viable choice for all employees at Fastly. As a key member of the Client Platform Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to use curiosity, empathy, and integrity to guide your work. You'll use your expertise to help us build out our Windows management to ensure our employees’ devices are up to date, secure, and have all of the applications that they need.
Our team is distributed throughout the US and our mission is to enable Fastly's globally distributed team to do what they do best – securely and with a minimal amount of friction.
What You'll Do
- Build, scope, and support device management solutions for Windows endpoints (i.e. using Intune, Chef Desktop, Kolide)
- Design and leverage application packaging and deployment solutions to get Fastlyans the apps they need, when they need them
- Collaborate closely with our Security team to keep devices secure and always up-to-date
- Drive documentation efforts and process improvements to enable IT teams to perform at their best to support and partner with our stakeholders
- Build robust automation of current and future IT processes using workflow automation tools
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in a high-achieving IT environment. This means mentoring others, setting the standard for excellence, and also getting the resources you need to continue your own personal development
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with modern corporate IT device management systems
- An effective communicator who thrives in showing (not telling), no matter the medium. Technical writing skills and an ability to craft a story with your writing and diagrams is essential
- A methodical approach to problem solving and ability to "show your work"
- A passion for technology and a strong desire to continue learning and growing as an engineer and as a human
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Configuration of Duo Security, Okta Device Trust, CrowdStrike, Kolide, or similar security, access, and reporting tools
- Zero-touch MDM enrollment for Windows (Linux and macOS would be a huge bonus!)
- Experience using zero-trust security to enable ChromeOS users in an enterprise environment
- Successful integration projects using workflow-based automation tools (Okta Workflows, Workato, Zapier, etc.)
- Comfort using command-line tools and APIs to get information from web applications and extrapolate data, using shell scripts, Ruby, or Python
- Familiarity with systems thinking, design thinking, and other frameworks and methodologies as tools to think about problems (and drive toward solutions)
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.