Who We Are
- Firebolt is a disruptor in the data & analytics space. Based on technology that delivers an order-of-magnitude performance leap in TB-scale analytics, Firebolt helps the most data-forward companies create a new wave of data & analytics experiences for end-users. With a team of world-class data experts, led by leadership veterans from Looker, Google Big Query, Imply and Sisense, and backed by $264M in funding - we are growing quickly and are poised to build the data platform of the future, and set a new bar for what can be done with data.
- In product management, we are the voice of customers, and we own the picture of success for the Firebolt product. We analyze market trends, discover customer needs, and identify target personas to determine product opportunities. We then use that knowledge to create differentiated roadmaps, define product features and experiences that delight our customers, and drive viral product adoption while leveraging data.
- We are building a leading cloud data warehouse for data intensive applications. Product design is integral part of everything that our customers interact with and touch. As a product/UX designer on the team, you will be responsible for defining and owning all user facing experiences. We aim to provide delightful product experiences with target personas in mind. You will be the leading force and voice to help us reach a state where various users/personas love using Firebolt.
As a startup, contribution from everyone impacts our top and bottom lines and each role comes with significant growth opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Own the overall look and feel of the product and the UX/UI elements.
- Deeply understand personas that engage with the product and deliver delightful product experiences tailored towards their needs.
- Perform design research, create concepts and storyboards based on user requirements and needs. Relentless focus on user preferences and optimized flows.
- Understand target use cases while partnering with key stakeholders and peers (PMs/Dev/Marketing).
- Define, measure, and improve engagement metrics. Use data to guide experience improvements.
- Own the vision and direction for all user experiences.
- Think big and move quickly with a sharp focus on the business outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree, 5+ years of product design experience for one of the cloud-based analytics products (databases, data warehouses, data lakes, ETL).
- Proven track record for producing experiences that customers love.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a relentless drive for results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with remote teams and working remotely.
- Proficiency in using design tools (i.e. Figma).
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus.