Remote Craft CMS Web Developer
RoleFull Stack Programming
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Craft CMS Web Developer
The Company You'll Join
Fireclay Tile is here to revolutionize the tile and design industry. By implementing an innovative digital platform paired with unmatched artisan crafted product and client service, we've made it easier than ever to specify and purchase beautiful, sustainable tile sourced and handcrafted in the US. Our tireless commitment to innovation, transparency, and sustainability have not gone unrecognized. We aim to grow 25-35% annually and are the only tile company recognized as a B Corp for how we use Business as a Force for Good. With an innovative product, an ambitious team, and an inspiring mission, we're changing the way you think about tile.
The Team You'll Work With ...
As a Craft CMS Web Developer at Fireclay Tile, you will work directly with an innovative eCommerce and Marketing team to optimize the site experience for client engagement and conversion. You will also partner with a tech agency and 3rd party solution providers to institute new site functions and ensure we're using the most revolutionary technologies to support our evolving business needs.
The Opportunities You'll Have ...
In this position, you will play an integral hands-on role in the optimization and performance of Fireclaytile.com. You'll be involved in the entire development lifecycle including the development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. Writing clean and functional code on the front- and back-end. You'll write reusable and maintainable code that is secure and scales well. You'll help ensure code quality with automated and functional testing along with peer review. You will be partnering with marketing, product, UX design, SEO/content teams and our external tech-solution agency to continually present a first in class eCommerce user experience. Ultimately, your work will have a direct impact on the stability and user experience of our website.
- Develop and improve our website by building, testing and deploying new features and functionality
- Help troubleshoot and fix issues efficiently
- Assist in optimizing/replacing legacy codebases and systems
- Assist in outlining and scoping complex features or potential upgrades
- Deliver high quality, seo-friendly, accessible, well documented, and maintainable code
- Assist in site audits, software updates, and DevOps improvements
- Assist in maintaining website documentation
- Staying up-to-date on web design and development technologies and methodologies
About You ...
You have eCommerce development experience and want to apply your knowledge and talent to a hyper-growth focused company looking to build a first-in-class online UX. You flourish in creative + results driven environments and find collaboration key to success.
- 5+ years of professional experience in web development, preferably in eCommerce
- 3+ years of Craft CMS experience
- You are a patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor
- Experience with Craft Commerce
- Advanced knowledge in WCAG 2.1 and aria-* usage
- Familiarity with DevOps, Cloudflare, Imgix, etc.
- Bundling experience - specifically with Webpack
- Can problem solve, support, and collaborate with other team members effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce, specifically their API
- Experience with frameworks like Tailwind, Vue.js, Alpine.js, Laravel, etc.
- Experience in back-end technologies: PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, etc.
- Experience building Craft plugins
- Experience with Asana for project management
- Experience navigating Figma designs
- Experience with AWS
- Experience integrating with systems, services, and APIs, such as CRMs and marketing automation tools, digital asset management systems, etc.
Fireclay provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Fireclay will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.