Global Talent Director
RoleAll Other Remote
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual and mixed reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling fitness experiences on the Oculus and Steam stores. We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move.
With 1M+ downloads we're changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
As Talent Director, you will lead the FitXR global hiring strategy, employer brand, organisation design (succession and talent mapping) and cultural assessment needs. Our mission to make fitness fun should run through how we hire, assess, showcase employee stories and inspire a world to move. You will lead a small and highly capable team of experts on hiring and employer brand.
What you'll lead:
- Global hiring strategy
- Succession and talent mapping
- Organisation design in partnership with the VP of People
- Employer Branding and talent tooling
- An initial team of two direct reports and one indirect
What you’ll experience:
- You will be accountable for leading TA globally (USA and Europe) as we scale with high talent density in mind. Building a team of experts that span engineering, music, fitness, product and production.
- You will be accountable for setting the overall Talent Acquisition strategy including the lifecycle of our hiring practices, continually improving, automating and enhancing the candidate journey.
- Lead, coach, inspire and develop individual contributors and indirectly the wider people team and our hiring leaders.
- Present quarterly to the Exec team on talent and future strategies
- Write, lead and track OKRs for Talent and Hiring.
- Implement and track inclusive hiring practices, whilst also developing the tools and practices we use to assess talent.
- Act as a culture champion across FitXR, hiring for culture-add by fully understanding our principles of play, culture, and the value of a globally diverse workforce
- Personify our culture and help to build a phenomenal, inclusive, high-performance company
We are a global remote-first company and our team spans the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
We value experience and potential:
- A blended background in recruitment and talent management would be ideal
- Operated at a Senior Management level within a tech scale-up environment
- You’ll have experienced fast growth environments that value quality and consistency in their talent processes.
- You’ll have trialled various ways to build inclusive hiring practices
- Previous experience or a passion for organisation design
- Helping leaders shape their future team and aligning this to a hiring strategy.
- Spotting risks, opportunities and threats
- Facilitating leadership wide talent workshops twice a year
- A natural searcher and storyteller, always thinking of ways to showcase our message to target talent.
- Ability to context switch and shift between stakeholder groups whilst not losing focus on the longer-term talent strategy you’ve set.
What the Talent Team is measured on:
🎯 Driving a 95%+ offer to acceptance ratio and 99% successful onboarding rate.
👀 Developing a TA Strategy to support both a quality and cost model.
⚡️ Increasing brand awareness 100%+ QoQ
💰 Driving a direct hiring model - an average of 1-5% total agency spend.
🎮 90% talent utilisation, right people in the right roles at the right time.
📈 Growth of quality talent pools to raise our talent index.
🗣 Building an inclusive hiring approach that is objectively measurable.
💪 Drive a 30+ candidate Net Promoter Score (cNPS)
Thinking of applying, we value experience and potential:
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR all underpinned by our eight principles of play (aka Values) 🙌
- Community first
- Every player matters
- Think, don’t overthink
- Stronger together
- Deliver greatness
- Learn every day
- Explore, measure, adapt
- Build the future
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you the flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
📈 Stock options
🌱$1000 per annum learning budget
🧘 $1000 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡 $500 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get-togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave