VP of Product Design
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups 🎉
Find out more here
As VP of Product Design, you will be responsible for executing the company's vision to create outstanding experiences for users. Through your leadership and experience, you will be trusted to guide and develop user centred design experiences for all aspects of the product to help us continue building world-class VR and MR experiences.
What you'll do
- Build the design philosophy of FitXR and embed a design culture across the organisation.
- Manage and lead a team of Designers, Creatives, with a wide variety of skills in UX, UI and Game Design.
- Provide teams with the right resources at the right time, such as journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to meet product goals and guide understanding.
- Work with UI/UX Artists and Designers to implement front-end solutions.
- Help establish and improve our product design and product thinking pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Advocate and promote user-centered design methodologies.
- Help define interactions, overlays and transitions.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Help Product Designers ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
- Contribute to building new workflows and techniques.
- Help deliver prototypes and R&D that ultimately validate design thinking and aesthetics.
You should apply if you have
- Passionate player coach with experience of leading cross functional teams remotely.
- Relevant experience in a similar role with multiple projects shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your Product Design and prototyping skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX production in Unity.
- Used design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects and Adobe XD.
- Deep understanding of User Experience and Design trends.
- Experience creating documentation, briefs, style guides and concepts to support, hold and develop the vision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of animation, composition and colour.
- Experience managing or leading design teams.
- Ability to implement data-driven holistic solutions for the product.
- Experience balancing product, development and user-driven objectives to contribute to the product strategy.
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and on multidisciplinary teams.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary reviewed twice a year in line with benchmarking data.
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave