Remote Senior Account Manager (Americas)
Anywhere in the World
Float is the world's leading software for teams to plan their time and, behind it, is a world-class team looking for a Senior Account Manager (Americas). From New York to the UK, Canada to South Africa-our Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams work asynchronously, helping brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed, and Ogilvy plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you're a go-getter, align with our values, and are looking to join a team that's passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you. Here are a few tips from our CEO to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
Why We're Hiring For This Role
We're building our foundational account management team that will help our newly activated customers get the most value out of Float and resource management. You'll be joining a small team and help build our team processes and culture and have a direct impact on the company's maturity and success.
We succeed by putting the customer first. Each interaction with our customers is an opportunity to continuously improve the value we deliver over time through a combination of our product and our relationships working harmoniously to help organizations plan and track time. We're looking for someone that is excited by being part of the foundational team within a growing and scaling company.
You'll be working asynchronously with a bright, dedicated team from across the globe, with a strong focus on creating solutions that feel simple and intuitive for our customers.
What You'll Be Responsible For
You'll work within our team of Account Managers to onboard new customers and help them reach goals and targets to get the most value out of Float. Our customers are typically teams within larger organizations such as a creative department within a tech company or the Sydney office of a large advertising agency. These teams love Float but a big challenge is introducing a new tool for Resource Management and managing that rollout internally.
You'll be leading our largest market in the Americas as our first hire in the region. A typical day would include reaching out to a new set of customers for early activation and onboarding and also manage an existing book of business for engagement, expansion, and renewal opportunities.
Early on you'll focus on:
- Helping create a smooth handoff from the sales team to account management
- Training and onboarding new customers past their trial
- Creating both a high-touch and low-touch onboarding experience
And once you're settled in the role, we'd love to see your impact with these projects
- Identifying expansion opportunities for growth
- Recognizing churn risks and mitigation techniques
- Establishing an end-to-end account management experience for the lifetime of an account
- Creating playbooks for different customer use cases
What You'll Need To Be Successful
We want you to love your work and believe that these skills will allow you to succeed in the role.
We're looking for someone with proven experience in an Account Management role working with SMB to enterprise-level book of business for a SaaS product. You should be comfortable training and onboarding new customers and show demonstrable experience expanding the book of business via cross-sell and up-sell. You'll also help create processes and workflows that help us improve our customer experience such as establishing quarterly business reviews, streamlining renewals and billing inquiries, or creating resource content.
Skills and requirements for the role:
- End-to-end Account Management or Customer Success Management experience encompassing early onboarding to churn and renewal management
- Drive to go above and beyond to build empathy and trusting relationships
- Strong communication skills in both written communication that drives value as well as clear and concise discussions during customer meets
- Ability to translate technical concepts to different skill levels and customer types
As a fully remote team, we're looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Asana to communicate as needed. Don't worry-you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings.
Why Join Us
We're a global company with a diverse team of folks from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. That includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal meetings, annual team meetups, and perks and benefits that support your personal health and well-being.
Our growing range of perks and benefits include:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & fitness budget
- Annual team meetup
- Care for your community donation or leave
We understand that you probably want to learn a bit more about us as well, so here are some resources to get a sense of who we are and how we work:
The salary for this role is US $97,375 (Level 3). Here's a blog post with more information on how we determine our salaries.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don't apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don't check 100% of the boxes-that's okay-we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You'll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it's like to join our global team on the Float careers page. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meeting: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 15-minute meeting with Linda from People Ops. This meeting gives us an opportunity to learn more about your experience and also allows you to ask any questions you have about the role.
- Technical Interview: You'll meet with a member of our team for a more skillset-focused interview. This is generally a 45-minute interview that will take a deep dive into your Account Management experience.
- Manager Interview: As the final step in the process, you'll meet with Alison, Director of Customer Support, and Glenn, Float's CEO, for a 45-minute interview.
Our hiring process takes an average of 25 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on 2021 data). Linda from People Ops will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well informed and aware of the next step in the process.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.