Senior Lead Software Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleFull Stack Programming
We are adding a Software Engineering Team Lead, with strong software development leadership experience, to our growing Engineering department:
As an Engineering Team Lead, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead Scrum ceremonies to help the team inspect & adapt, increase and stabilize velocity, and improve Sprint over Sprint
- Work closely with Product Management to create a stable backlog
- Work independently and with your team of engineers to develop new user experience-focused web applications, and provide support for existing systems.
- Work on multiple parts of a web application, from internal backend APIs to dynamic frontend interfaces, with a focus on the former
- Collaborate with designers, front-end specialists, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product using the best technologies.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning projects.
- Lead in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Support of production applications may be required on some projects.
- Help onboard, mentor, and help others grow and make an impact
- Be able to work near a standard U.S Eastern time zone day
- Previous role as a team lead in an Agile Scrum environment
- 5+ years of experience building online applications using a modern technical stack (e.g., Java, Ruby/Rails, PHP, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience running applications in production, ideally with several thousands of users.
- Excellent "systems thinking." We have many complex systems which require a strong ability to debug and quickly understand what is going on.
- Understanding of best practices for web development, software architecture and design, and DevOps principles.
- You value a high performing team, shipping software, and code quality and maintainability.
Additional desired skills
- 5+ years experience PHP, Laravel, and MySQL
- Familiarity with front-end development using React or a similar library/framework
- Strong knowledge of secure systems programming practices, OWASP Top 10, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, ECS, and containers
- Experience with microservices concepts, development, and deployment
FormAssembly offers several benefits that help to facilitate a healthy team, personal growth, and a work-life balance, all of which contribute to creating a more engaged and passionate workforce.
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for team members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match for team members based in the United States
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!