Senior Software Engineer
We are adding a Senior Software Engineer with strong software development experience to our growing Engineering department
As a Senior Engineer at FormAssembly, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build new solutions that solve real-world problems every day. You'll work both independently and with your team to create customer-focused SaaS web applications and provide support for existing systems.
- Own your work. You'll be able to work "full-stack" on multiple parts of a web application, from backend APIs to dynamic frontends used by a global customer base.
- Have a broad impact on the organization.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning projects.
- Lead in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Help onboard new developers and mentor more junior team members.
- Collaborate with designers, Product Owners, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of Engineering's goals.
- Availability: Be available to work a standard U.S Eastern time zone workday
- 5 or more years of experience building online applications using a PHP Framework (e.g., Laravel)
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Strong coding fundamentals - Algorithms & Data Structures
- Experience with RESTFUL APIs and Web Services
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL), and a working knowledge of various NoSQL options
- Well-read and with strong experience in software development best practices, software architecture, and DevOps principles.
- PlatformExperience with Cloud technologies, tooling and deployment (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Excellent "systems thinking." We build and run complex systems which require a strong ability to debug and understand what is going on.
- Soft SkillsClearly communicating complex concepts and the big picture goal while also guiding decisions on tactical approaches to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely in collaborative software development teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Strong bias for action; ability to take ownership of ambiguous problems and think long-term.
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- You value a high-performing team, shipping software, and code quality and maintainability.
Additional Desired Skills:
- 5+ years of experience running production applications with several thousands of users.
- Strong knowledge of secure systems programming practices, OWASP Top 10, etc.
- Experience with AWS, ECS, and containers
- Experience with microservices concepts, development, and deployment
- Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems (e.g., CloudWatch, Datadog, New Relic)
- Expertise with software development lifecycle branching and distributed source code management systems (e.g., Git-Flow, GitHub-Flow)
FormAssembly offers several benefits that help to facilitate a healthy team, personal growth, and a work-life balance, all of which contribute to creating a more engaged and passionate workforce.
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for team members based in the United States
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with a 4% company match for team members based in the United States
- Unlimited paid vacation and 10 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- 16 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- The company provided a Mac laptop
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!
Compensation: $120,000 - $150,000