RoleManagement and Finance
About Fuse Universal
Fuse Universal isn’t just another learning company. We’re rudely shaking up the way that people and organisations learn and communicate, right across the world. Our unique Integrated Learning Platform allows businesses to shape their learning around their goals by tapping the inherent knowledge of the experts and peers within their organisation.
Used by over 150 progressive organisations worldwide — including Hilti, Vodafone, Panasonic, Scandic, and Avon — Fuse sparks active engagement for deeper learning experiences that ignite your people’s performance.
About this role
The Financial Controller will play an active role in all financial activities of the company, including financial reporting and the preparation of monthly management accounts, including board reporting. The successful candidate will be key in developing the finance department, enhancing and overseeing a strong internal control environment and liaising with non-financial members within the Company.
About the team
This role is a critical hire for the team and reports directly to the Finance Director. There are two direct reports: the Senior Finance Manager and Management Accountant.
Management and statutory reporting:
- Own and develop the monthly consolidated management reporting across five legal entities, including Balance sheet, Income statement, cash flow and associated KPIs.
- Manage and coach two staff members, identifying and provide the necessary training.
- Provide analysis of key variances to budget and respond to any investor queries.
- Provide variance analysis and commentary on monthly results, both internally and to external investors.
- Be the main point of contact and take ownership of the annual audit process.
- Preparation of annual Financial Statements under IAS 102.
- Take ownership for the payroll function across four countries. Liaising with both HR and the external payroll provider.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all balances sheet accounts and proactively resolving any issues which may arise.
- Adopt a mentality of continual improvement with the aim of developing a best-in-class finance department and rectifying any control weaknesses.
- To critically challenge current working practices with the aim the improve departmental efficiency and the quality of monthly reporting.
- Ensure compliance with local filing regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of quarterly UK and Australian VAT returns.
- Ensure compliance with current indirect tax legislation and best practice,
- Preparation of annual P11Ds and PSA returns,
- Assist in the preparation of the corporation tax computation.
- Prepare annual Research and development tax claim, both with internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Take full ownership for the development of the NetSuite accounting package such that it's capability can be fully utilized eg Develop Purchase Order Process
- Oversee the quarterly submission of the National Statistic returns.
- Recommend process improvements both to current systems and working practices.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Outgoing and personable, with excellent communication skills.
- Motivated by building relationships and working within a team.
- Desirable systems – Netsuite.
- Enthusiastic and passionate driver of change
- Strong Team Player
- Forward Focussed
- Remote first and flexible working
- L&D - peer and platform learning - it’s at the heart of what we do
- Medical Aid
- Home-working / Wellbeing allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Retirement Annuity
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Annual leave - 22 days
- Company socials