Ruby on Rails Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
About Fuse Universal
We're Fuse. And our mission is to enhance the knowledge and expertise that people need to improve and perform. Learning in the flow of work isn't just our motto, it's why our clients like Avon, Dropbox, Hilti and Vodafone choose us. However, our unique platform isn't just a way to upskill and improve employees performance, it is also a collaboration and engagement tool where employees, no matter where they are located, can feel part of the team. This means we can work together to continuously innovate ideas and create extraordinary experiences for our employees and customers.
Our workforce has grown globally and we encourage our Fusers to decide where they perform at their brilliant best - whether that's from their home, a coffee shop or with their team.
We're always on the lookout for passionate and ambitious people to join our mission.
So, are you ready to be part of the Fuse tribe? We would love to hear from you!
About this role
Fuse is currently recruiting a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our multinational, distributed Engineering Team, to work on our SAAS B2B product which serves an international audience of household names.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead projects, influence the technical direction, and mentor junior members of the team.
Your time will be spent designing, and implementing solutions, refactoring existing features, and reducing technical debt.
It is important that you have the ability, or desire to work with alternate technologies, as we will be migrating our platform over the coming years.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role is remote, flexible, and will be instrumental in the success of the business.
- Translating business, functional and technical requirements into quality code.
- Perform peer review for other team members.
- As a Senior Engineer, you will be a self-starter, with the ability to operate autonomously.
- Perform technical analysis to improve performance, stability, and scalability.
- Continuously evolve, review and deliver software development standards, technologies and tools, in line with industry trends.
- Contribute to the architecture of solutions.
- Write and review specifications and technical documentation.
- At least five years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) & SQL.
- Experience with developing on a cloud-hosted platform (AWS).
- Strong understanding of OOP principles, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Estimation of functional/technical business requirements.
- Test-driven development (RSpec, Cucumber)
- Experience with Atlassian suite, and GitHub
- The ability to work in a remote, agile environment.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- Timezone GMT +- 3 hours.
- NoSQL Database knowledge (Redis, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with Sidekiq
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI & Jenkins)
- Experience with CoffeeScript, Marionette, backbone, jQuery
- Experience with Front End frameworks (React, Angular)
- Remote first and flexible working
- L&D - peer and platform learning - it's at the heart of what we do
- 22 days holiday per full calendar year + your birthday off
- Perkbox - wide ranging benefits; discounted shopping and services
- Medical Aid
- Homeworking/Wellbeing Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- You will be enrolled on the company pension/Retirement scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Company socials