RoleAll Other Remote
FutureLearn operates a Remote First working practice. A hybrid approach where home is likely to be where you'll spend most of your working time, but you will need to attend our London offices for relevant meetings, engage with and support colleagues.
For over 15 million learners, FutureLearn is the gateway to high-quality lifelong learning – something we’re truly passionate about in our mission to transform access to education. Partnering with over 260 international educational institutions and businesses, we up-skill learners and fire up their creativity, interest – and, of course, their CVs! – with our online courses. We’re building a connected, collaborative, global community where learning is available for all. We’re on the cusp of emerging from a plucky EdTech start-up into a truly transformational business, with meaty goals for the next five years. You could help us achieve those goals, working in a dynamic environment and with a truly passionate team
What is the opportunity?
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and passionate Data Analyst into the Analytics team. In this business-critical role, you will be partnering with senior stakeholders across the business to identify opportunities for growth and support in mitigating business exposures via strategic analytical projects and advanced reporting analytics.
Specifically, your main objectives will be devising and carrying out analytical projects. These projects will include diagnostic, descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics as well as BAU reporting. We are looking for someone with a curiosity for data and attention to detail. You will be expected to be able to identify and perform root cause analysis on anomalies in the data, to reflect on previous projects to ideate on new analytical projects and breakdown scope for projects originating outside of the data teams. The dashboards we build and maintain are in Looker and provide meaningful insights to our internal stakeholders directly from our Data Warehouse. You will also respond to ad-hoc data insight requests from Data Science, Product, Marketing, Content and CRM to reveal trends in customer behaviour as well as site and product usage.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical acumen, understanding of statistics, experience with SQL and the ability to manage their own projects according to business objectives. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical acumen, understanding of statistics, experience with SQL and the ability to manage their own projects according to business objectives. They will also have several years in an analytical role partnering with stakeholders to make informed strategic decisions using data.
FutureLearn has made significant investments into its data pipeline to enable fast, easy and scalable access to our data. Our core data stack that this role interfaces with consists of Snowflake, dbt and Looker. This role sits in the Data & Analytics Department and works alongside other Analysts, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
What will you bring to the table?
- Degree educated in a quantitative field (Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Computer Science, Economics, Business Analytics or similar)
- Strong problem-solving ability and experience with using data analysis to identify patterns and trends and generate insights
- Excellent SQL skills
- Strong academic experience with statistical techniques.
- Excellent visualisation skills and experience with standard visualisation packages (such as PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, R).
- Experience with Looker, and LookML skills would be an advantage.
- Commercially-minded with experience in developing and interpreting insights from raw data and translating findings into business relevant reports
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage their own projects and allocate time according to business objectives
- Experience in efficiently interacting and working with key business teams (Product, Partnerships, Marketing, Finance)
What can we offer you?
- 28 days of Annual Leave plus UK Public Holidays
- Roll over up to 5 days Holiday
- Buy and Sell up to 5 days Holiday
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Personal ‘recharge’ days, no questions asked
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charity work – 1 day dedicated to a charity of your choice
- Calm Premium Subscription
What happens next?
Ready to go for it? Click 'Apply', include your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to become a FutureLearner, and how you’ll nail this role.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made to support you through the recruitment process.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work – At FutureLearn we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We can't wait to meet you! #FutureLearnCareers
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved