Lead Data Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Due to rapid growth over the past year FXC Intelligence are now looking to add a number of positions to take the company to the next stage of its development, including a Lead Data Engineer.
We are a fast growing financial data (Fintech) company with an enterprise client list of household brands, which include HSBC, PayPal, World Bank, Western Union and MasterCard to name a few. We are rapidly building on our already strong reputation in the finance sector, and as a result most of our recent clients have been gained through word of mouth. We can also boast an almost 100% repeat business rate, both of which are incredible achievements for a start-up company.
We are increasing our footprint by opening another office location in the UK. The new office located in Leeds, highlights our continued growth and development as an organization as we expand our operations into Northern England.
This initiative led by our VP of Technology, Andrew Aucott based in Teesside, seeks the brightest and best techies to join our team, with a variety of roles covering engineers and developers.
- You will be leading a team of data engineers working on data processing programs using SDK’s, programming frameworks such as Apache Kafka, Spark
- You're a data engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building reliable, efficient data applications systems, services and platforms
- You have a deep understanding of coding best practices and design patterns be the advocate for high quality solutions
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years software engineering experience
- Expert in Python (Also experience with Scala would be a huge plus!)
- Big data experience
- Experience writing unit tests
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn - we’re more interested in the right mentality than a specialism in a specific technology
- Experience working in an Agile project environment
- Performing solution design and code reviews
Tech Stack: Python, Kafka, Apache Airflow, Spark, Scala
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Healthcare for you and your family
- 20% annual bonus/option scheme
- 5% pension
- Monthly socials
- Quarterly external 121 coaching sessions
- A supportive, collaborative environment with plenty of opportunities to learn
- A chance to work with a vibrant, friendly team with a relaxed but committed culture
- Flexible working culture - we can offer remote working
We’re an innovative company that knows how to look after its employees and we take pride in providing a flexible working environment, a great company culture and great opportunities for career growth. Have a look at our careers page to find out more about our perks and benefits and to see for yourself what it’s like to work with us: https://careers.fxcintel.com/
If this role sounds like it could be a good fit, please apply with your latest CV.
At FXC Intelligence we believe in embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.