Director of Product Management, Data
🇺🇸 USA Only
At Fyllo we are on a mission to accelerate the economies of tomorrow. What does that mean? We have created the world’s largest data marketplace of cannabis and CBD purchase data along with a market-leading regulatory database that is used by Fortune 500 companies and emerging brands in highly-regulated industries like cannabis, crypto, short term rentals and more.
Our technology platform enables high-growth companies to reach and understand consumers, activate marketing and loyalty programs across multiple channels, and navigate today’s ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Having been founded in 2019, we recently closed our Series C and have raised 100 million to date. 2022 has already proved to be another big year with our recent acquisition of Semasio, a leader in unified targeting for digital marketing. If you are someone who has a bias to act and believes in having more fun together, then read on!
Retail Solutions encompasses a suite of products that enable cannabis dispensaries and brands to strengthen their relationships with their consumers. This includes products such as messaging solutions, loyalty solutions, in store digital displays, and other promotional capabilities.
As a Director of Product Management at Fyllo, you will define the strategy and vision for your product and build a product roadmap that supports product and company level goals as well as assess new business opportunities. You will work closely with engineering, design, and other key stakeholders to build great products that deliver a superior customer experience. Key skills necessary for this role include the ability to leverage data to drive sound product decisions, the ability to effectively prioritize across multiple complex product areas, and strong communication skills that aid in driving organizational alignment.
Specifically for this position, you will be leading our work to build new Retail experiences leveraging our market leading proprietary dataset on cannabis consumers. You should be comfortable working with data science teams, building insights, and running experiments with data. Familiarity with digital media, programmatic advertising, online to offline attribution models, and advanced targeting is a plus.
This role is an individual contributor role to start but may evolve into a player-coach role with management responsibilities as the team scales.
Day to Day
- Lead and participate in Agile ceremonies with engineering, QA, and design (e.g. sprint planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc.) and also participate in standups with engineering
- Work with design on UX development and UX research
- Collaborate with business stakeholders (Ops, Legal, Finance, Marketing) on business model and GTM considerations
- Plan and communicate product roadmaps and vision to the organization
- Assess business models, prepare product requirements, and create user stories for development
- Participate in client interviews to collect feedback and inform product iterations
- Align with Data Science team on the right data solutions to build and create robust tests to validate those solutions
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Experience running product tests and leveraging data to drive decision making
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Technical fluency and comfortable discussing product architecture, API strategy, and other technical topics with engineering and data science peers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Deep empathy for customers and experience with customer and UX research
- Proven ability to build scaled software solutions
- Strategic thinker who understands business models, pricing, etc.
- Has a bias for action and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with cannabis or other highly regulated industries - a plus
- Familiarity with digital advertising and data platforms - a plus
- Previous software engineering or data science experience or an MBA - a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Home office stipend
- 401K matching
- Hybrid or remote work schedule
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage
- Dental & vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter programs
- Learning & development programs
Our Recruiting team would love to connect with you! If your interests and experience are aligned with a current open role, one of our Recruiters will arrange a 30 minute introductory call with you. Following, depending on the role, there will either be a 60 min technical interview or a 30 min intro call with the Hiring Manager. Assuming all goes well, we will then set you up to speak with potential peers from your team and/or cross functional teams, with each call being 30 min.
Some of our positions do require at home assessments, or additional live Codepairs. On average, from initial Recruiter Screen to Offer, takes 2 weeks – we like to move fast across our business :) We understand the hectic lives we all lead and appreciate you taking the time to meet with us in pursuing opportunities with the FylloFam. Thank you!