🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
Dot Esports, the premier destination for esports coverage online, is looking for freelance writers to help cover FIFA.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the FIFA series and a track record of producing high-quality written content about the game, including guides on its features and how to play it and covering what the FIFA player community is talking about.
An ability to quickly react to real-world football news and translate these stories into opportunities to serve a growing FIFA audience will be a major asset. Knowledge and expertise at writing about Football Manager, the official F1 and NBA game series, and other sports games would also be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to cover the games and competitions you love while working with one of the best teams in esports journalism. Applicants should be self-starters who are eager to learn and respond well to constructive criticism. We're a global, digital newsroom, and work will be remote.
- In-depth knowledge of the FIFA series
- Additional experience with writing about Football Manager, F1 2022, and NBA 2K22 would be looked upon favorably
- Work with editors to develop pitches
- Meet deadlines for publishing stories
- Follow trending topics through Google Trends and Twitter
- Write a minimum of 20 stories per month
- 1-2 years of experience writing in the news industry
- Knowledge of SEO practices
Rates: $15 - $80 per article depending on article length.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé, cover letter, and three writing clips to be considered for the position. Candidates who do not submit these requirements or do not identify the game titles they are comfortable covering will not be considered for the role.