DevOps Engineer - Document & Biometrics (3387)
GBG offers a range of solutions that help organizations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data, and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust so that they can transact quickly, safely, and securely with their customers online. We have over 1,000 team members across 15 countries and work with over 20,000 customers in over 70 countries. Some of the world's best-known businesses rely on GBG to provide digital services and keep the economy moving.
The role fits in the Product Delivery team, within the global Technology function at GBG, working to ensure that GBG delivers a world-class experience for all our customers globally.
The DevOps Engineer works within the Deployment Centre of Excellence (CoE) which focuses on the strategic design, build, implementation, support and improvement of core platforms and technologies that underpin the build and deployment of GBG products and services consumed by GBG customers.
DevOps Engineer is to support the design, build and implementation of successful continuous integration and deployment pipelines, ensuring operability and supportability of GBG production platforms, enabling quality and pace in delivery. This role focuses on.
Collaborating with other Product Delivery CoE and the Operational Support teams to evolve our business DevOps capability, managing and delivering the deployment pipelines for strategic products and platforms and ensuring the right level of telemetry, instrumentation and performance monitoring is built into our products and services from inception to deliver success to GBG and its customers.
What you will do:
- Work with Product Delivery squads to implement, enhance and manage continuous integration practices.
- Work Product Delivery squads to design release and deployment pipelines; and hold responsibility for the management, delivery and improvement of deployments into production.
- Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud platforms.
- Take a leading role in the design, integration and implementation of monitoring tools for GBG platforms, seeking continual improvement and ensuring effective transition into Operational Support.
- Use your development skills and design new processes and procedures for tooling integration with application and cloud infrastructure.
- Liaise closely with other Product Delivery CoEs and Operational Support to design, build and implement operability and supportability of production best practices for production systems.
- Provide best-in-class 3rd-line support for a product, optimizing performance and reliability.
- Share your personal knowledge and experience to uplift the skills and competencies of team members and colleagues in your expert area.
- Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
- Continually develop skills, competencies and knowledge to support your personal development and actively participate in setting and achieving performance objectives for self, team and technology.
- Experience working in a DevOps culture, understanding the importance of business drivers and use of tooling to deliver value work streams.
- Excellent knowledge of the Kubernetes stack and surrounding technologies.
- Proven design experience implementing tools and processes, specifically relating to monitoring and distributed tracing.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience implementing continuous integration, continuous deployment and integrating application monitoring tools.
- Experience with containerization and/or serverless components (Kubernetes strongly preferred) or the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of supporting and monitoring services for uptime SLAs.
- Experience with AWS and some, or all, of the following services:
- CloudFormation, CloudFront, SSM, WAF, S3, EC2, ALB/ELB, ElastiCache
- Experience with CI/CD tooling and best practices such as Jenkins, and Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (such as CloudFormation, Terraform, and Ansible).
- Strong scripting skills and/or experience in code languages (such as Bash, Powershell, and Python).
- Familiarity with administrating relational databases and NoSQL
- A good understanding of common Operating Systems i.e. Windows server, Linux (Ubuntu)
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Experience of Agile delivery working practices.
- Self: Ability to drive continual improvement within a cross-functional, autonomous team. Self-motivated & enthusiastic.
- Supporting and Co-operating: supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in all situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organization.
- Analyzing and Interpreting: shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Possess superior problem-solving skills as needed to identify issues and solutions. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
- Creating and Conceptualising: rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information. Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovation. products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
- Vibrant office culture if desired.
- Remote working including flexible working policy.
We have the vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference. As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you're interested, please apply! We're looking to hire the best and most engaged people in our business, and we'll make an offer once we've found that person. If you are hired, we will require you to attest to your COVID-19 vaccination status. As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity program, Be/Yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.