Customer Service Senior Team Lead
GetMyBoat, the largest boat rental and charter marketplace, is changing the way the world goes boating. Remote work is baked into our DNA and has been a big part of our culture since we started back in 2013. Our talented team is globally distributed with concentrations in Europe/Africa and the Americas time zones. Together we solve interesting challenges, build, design, learn and iterate towards our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences to millions, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!
What we offer
- Fully remote environment: Flexibility and trust that our team will do and deliver their best work
- Globally distributed team: International learnings and collaboration within an inclusive and diverse culture and time for focus work
- Transparency: Open communication is key to our culture. You can feel free to chat with anyone, are empowered to share ideas, ask questions and challenge the status quo in a way that moves the company and team forward
- High-quality product: No rushing to push out poorly developed or designed features
- Consumer-Facing Brand: Your work will be seen and used by millions of people in order to book their most memorable vacation experiences
- Well funded: Revenue generating, 10x revenue growth over the last 3 years, Recently raised Series B
We're looking for
As a Senior Customer Service Team Lead, you will be instrumental in supporting our customer service activities by overseeing team members and resolving customer questions and or complaints. Your role will be to help deliver outstanding customer support and develop customer relationships. You will have experience in ecommerce (bonus if you have marketplace experience). Reporting directly to the Head of Customer Service, you will be working closely to ensure all performance metrics are met and processes are followed.
- Answer phone call and emails from customers to provide quick resolutions of issues.
- Review & resolve escalations from Customer Service Agents.
- Assist with Quality Evaluations of agents.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Motivate team members.
- Work to identify and resolve user issues as they come up and escalate issues as requested.
- Mediate security deposit claims between owners and renters.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email and chat.
- Maintain our inspiring team environment and open communication culture.
- 2 years' supervisory experience.
- 2-4 years of customer service experience.
- Experience working in a 24/7 contact center.
- Experience working remotely.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve, adapt, and grow quickly.
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills.
- Start-up hustle.
- Bonus points: A passion for boating.
What you can expect after you apply
Because we are a team that prioritizes moving words to action, we do our best to move as quickly as we can on our end and look to iterate on our hiring processes over time based on feedback and learning.
Our hiring stages may vary a little bit depending on the type of position, in general, you can expect the following:
- Confirmation when your application is submitted
- Email request for scheduling an introduction screening conversation
- Writing assignment
- Email request for scheduling an interview with the hiring manager
- References & Reverse Interview(s): This gives candidates the opportunity to speak to and ask questions of anyone on our team they have remaining questions for
- If at any point, you aren't moved to the next stage, you will be notified
Who we are
Launched in San Francisco in 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of watercraft, from kayaks and sailboats to powerboats and yachts, to post their watercraft for rent or charter. From California to Croatia, our users can search, find and book their dreamboat. With over 150,000 listings in 184 countries and 9,300 locations, there is an experience for new boaters and seasoned sailors alike. We were named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021, and 2020 Apple App of the Day.
We are a small, growing organization with a very high-impact team that is focused on building the best product, and loving what we do. Come join us on our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!